All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting a 1.4 16v engine out of a s reg corsa sri will this be a straight forward swap i have a v reg 1.0 12v.
Do i need the drive shafts from the 1.4 it comes with the gear box and all the wiring and ecu will this just plug in to my electrics please post asap as i want to go an look at it this evening

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think the 1.0 12v's wiring is a little different to the 1.4 16v.
It's still a fairly easy conversion though. Try and get as many bit from the donor car as possible (including hoses etc), it will save any headaches in the long run.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok mate thanks any more info would be very much apreciated what about the drive shafts are the 1.0 an 1.4 different

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That I'm not sure on.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
take the shafts cause the 1.0 box is a piece of ****, use as much of the origianal car as you can

engine, box, loom, ecu, shafts , brakes if need be , exhaust, the mounts should be the same as im sure the 3 cylinder has a chasis mount too

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
depends on the box, not all the shafts are the same

corsa gsi shafts have 22 splines which is why there usable for xe coversions the rest dont, if the 1.0 has the same box as the other engine ie f13,f14 etc then yeah there interchangeable

d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts