All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im having serious problem with my Corsa ATM

If i think hard enough i swear this all started when i went over a speed bump at some speed :(

When im driving along at any speed above about 30mph and start to decelerate through no longer accelerating or put my foot on the breaks the whole car starts to shake very badly. The shaking feels like its coming from the passenger side front wheel area.

Its also worse when i turn right going around a corner than when i turn left.

Now i know this isnt a case of the wheels needing balencing as the shaking would happen all the time.

So does anyone know what it could be, im thinking it could be the wheel baring but thats only a guess.

Please help me!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
few options

wheels bearing but in most cases you would notice it whin in advance
bottom arm bushes but there pretty solid cant see it
****ed bottom balljoint is what id go for or even all of the above depending on the age of the car

d

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well im gonna book it in for a service ASAP and get them to check it then, if my car lasts that long :(

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Check that the wheel is secured properly aswell.

Bit of a crap suggestion but you never know. I once had similar problems with mine and found all the wheel bolts were very loose.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well the problem is sorted now.

Got the car jacked up to start taking the wheel off to get to the swivel hub to check the bearing and noticed that wheel was only being held on by three bolts, not the usual four.

Looks like when i last had my wheels balanced they didnt do them up tight enough and so one had vibrated all the way out and the other three were quite loose aswell.

I was so shocked, shocked i had noticed that that was the problem and shocked that it had happened in the first place as it really shouldn't.

But im still here and so is my car, thank god :)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Always the 1st thing I check if I have any unwanted vibrations. Learnt the hard way, doing 70mph and wondered what the banging noise was. If I hadn't pulled over god knows what would've happened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts