All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1.3 CDTi Vauxhall Corsa Ecoflex Active in September 2012 and have had nothing but trouble with it. It is currently in the garage following stalling to a stop on the dual carriageway and required to be towed to the dealership garage. it has currently been in for 5weeks now and they are apparently waiting for a new catalytic converter as a result of the DPF hose blowing and tearing. This is it's 5th time in the garage and I would like some advice of why this may have happened to a car which is just turning 1 year old and only completed 8600miles on the clock. I am well aware of the DPF issues when I was forced to pay for a full service after 4months and the car only completing 3600 miles. The sales manager very helpfully informed me that I shouldn't have bought a diesel, its just a pity the salesman (expert as Peter Vardy insists) couldn't have done the same. I was told at this point that all i needed to do was take the car for a 25minute run every week in 4th gear over 3000RPM to burn the particles. I have been doing this and I just wonder if this has caused my DPF hose to blow? Also, if this is correct why have Vauxhall build in a feature where the car is screaming at you to change gear? Even when I do take the car for these weekly journeys, less that 12hours later and the DPF regeneration warning light is on again. Is there a fault with my car of is everyone having these issues. I would be very grateful for any advice or support in dealing with this issue. Many thanks

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I purchased a 1.3 CDTi Vauxhall Corsa Ecoflex Active in September 2012 and have had nothing but trouble with it. It is currently in the garage following stalling to a stop on the dual carriageway and required to be towed to the dealership garage. it has currently been in for 5weeks now and they are apparently waiting for a new catalytic converter as a result of the DPF hose blowing and tearing. This is it's 5th time in the garage and I would like some advice of why this may have happened to a car which is just turning 1 year old and only completed 8600miles on the clock. I am well aware of the DPF issues when I was forced to pay for a full service after 4months and the car only completing 3600 miles. The sales manager very helpfully informed me that I shouldn't have bought a diesel, its just a pity the salesman (expert as Peter Vardy insists) couldn't have done the same. I was told at this point that all i needed to do was take the car for a 25minute run every week in 4th gear over 3000RPM to burn the particles. I have been doing this and I just wonder if this has caused my DPF hose to blow? Also, if this is correct why have Vauxhall build in a feature where the car is screaming at you to change gear? Even when I do take the car for these weekly journeys, less that 12hours later and the DPF regeneration warning light is on again. Is there a fault with my car of is everyone having these issues. I would be very grateful for any advice or support in dealing with this issue. Many thanks
Sounds pretty typical of newer cars.

Loads of complicated systems and excessive electricals that were rushed into production.

My honest advice? Get rid of it as soon as possible, whilst recouping as much money as you can and buy something simpler!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.