All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Gary and i'm new to these forums :)
I just got a Corsa B and I was wondering of someone could help, because i think (im not very sure because i dont know about cars that much and im just 15) that a power steering pipe has broken and has leaked everywhere.
I'm pretty sure i have fixed the pipe, but im not sure how to go about topping up the fluid, because im not sure what type i need. Is it a special type, or just any old stuff, because I have found some bottles of PAS Fuid for a LandRover Disco series 2. Could i use this??

Also, the interior light in my Corsa doesnt seem to have a button, and doesnt switch on while driving, is it supposed to do this, or do i just keep having to open the door to light up the interior??

Thanks very much in advance :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
PAS fluid is PAS fluid, doesnt matter what car its for, you can use ATF fluid too.

Pull the headlight switch towards you to turn on the interior light. :thumbs_up:

My mother-in-law drove a vaux carlton for 8yrs and never new that till i showed her.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the quick reply, ill stick in the fluid, and i know we actually hav some ATF fluid too :L
and ill give these lights a go aswell, cheers :D

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
To bleed the system once you've added new fluid get some glossy magazines and put them under your front wheels (saves the tyres) then slowly turn the steering 45 degrees three times, then from full lock to full lock three times.

Just don't hold it on full lock for long when bleeding the system - just a few seconds then start turning back the other way.

That ought to get the air out of the system. Then top up the reservoir if necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, thats the fluid topped up, and its looking grand :D
I took it out on the snow for sum Handbrake turns and its pretty cool, much easier turning now :L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it not goin on the road, im only 15!! My granda owns a garage and i work there at weekends for sumthing to do, and this car came in for scrap so i got it for free :D
I also own a 84" Suzuki SJ410 :L and a BMW E34 525i (ace driftin), but there both really unreliable :(
I had a Skoda Felicia at one point and it was the best cos it was so reliable.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
nice, fair enough, when i was 15 we had a few crappy mopeds which were good on the fields and stuff, cars would of been wicked. you got any pictures of these then?

i know its a long way off, but got any ideas of what car you want when you can go on the road?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, iv been driving since i was about 10. Here are some pics (in order of when i got them) sorry about bad pic quality!!:

84" Suzuki SJ410, i didnt paint it, i bought it like that!! Got it for 13th Birthday, so not sure how much it cost

97" Skoda Felicia 1.3, very nice tbh, sooo reliable (its been my big sis' car, and is now going to be my bug bro's!!) £70 BARGAIN!!

91" BMW E34 525i, soo fun, but is broken right now, and im not sure whats wrong! £150

94" Vauhall Corsa, just got it a couple of weeks ago, smelt of cats, so stripped out the interior, fixed that! FREE!

So there we have it! all my cars :) For a proper car, i want a either a nice VW Polo, because i love the VW group (Audi, SEAT, Bentley etc) and should be reliable like the skoda, OR a Suzuki Swift because i love the look of it, and most 17 yr olds would rather hav the most common choices like Saxo's etc!:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts