All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a corsa sport 1.4 16v in original condition, it's done about 97k , there's a few things wrong with it , is it worth doing it up or get rid of it and get a newer 1.4 or 1.6 sport. What you lot think :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What's that age and specific condition of it? Get some pics up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got no camra soz :eek:

engine: decent, had new cambelt kit (except water pump)
body : no dents just scraches
rust : bad under spoiler (but not noticable) and a tiny bit on the fuel tank, rest of the car is fine.

main problems: ecu has a problem with it's self, it's not affecting the car in any way at all.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If you have the cash I'd say save up and get a later model 1.6 sport.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You won't be disappointed when you do get one though.:D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Is there a lot of diference between the 1.4 and 1.6 then? I assume there's a fair bit more torque available with the 1.6?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah Lee_H has a 1.4 and I have a 1.6 and you can see a fair bit of difference between the pair. Although his does sound well and also shifts a bit.
Check the performance stats page, it should say what the bhp dif is between the pair.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I'm aware of the power differences, but there's only about 15bhp between them, which is why I asked if there was really a lot of difference between them. I guess a 1.6 wouldn't leave a 1.4 standing, especially if the 1.6 has got a soundsystem weighing it down too......:( lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not so much leave it standing but there would be a visible difference.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i agree there lee,

im sure since ive bought mine tho mine has got slower, just feels real slugish lately, im finkin my new exhaust int doing it too good maybe, i dont know if its just that ive got used to the car? :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah it will b just because you've got used to it. Try driving around for a few days really steady, then have a day of opening it up a bit, you'll soon notice it feels nippy again.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah I notice that if I just drive it steady for 15 mins or so then open it up. I'm sure you're just used to the car.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i had a pug 1.0 lol now thats slow! my 1.4 corsa flew but now it feels slow so yeah i think you have got used to it lol i have!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts