All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to forums :p

recently wrote my corsa off :( but picking up the new one in 2 weeks (as soon as insurance company will let me cancel my old policy!)

The car im buying is the sort of condition were there is nothing you can do to it as its all already been done, except for the inside (which gives me something to do myself)

Got a few questions though what I cant seem to find out anywhere

The leather door cards i keep seeing, i cant seem to find them any where so if i was after matching leather seats and door cards how would i go about it? Also where to get a custom fibre glass dash made?

Im after stripping out the rear aswell so there's just the two seats, and the rear to be completely smoothed out with some carpeted mdf, but where do i start? Any step by step sites would be great cheers

last thing is, pretty simply, the head unit dvd palyers, when listening to music will these have a demo screen or do they only work with a dvd?

cheers for your help fellas

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi mate welcome to AC

I'd go for some vauxhall calibra leather seats search on ebay for those, and you will need to go to a profesionall place to get the dash done to make sure it gets done properly, any reason why your stripping the boot out?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know of any plcaes which would do the fibre dashboard then???

After stripping out the seats purely because I think it looks a lot smarter having the the whole thing carpeted and a surround built in there, also i can but the strut bar in for the bucket seats

im trying to get some pictures of my car up but imageshack aint working, anybody know of another?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Not really into bodykits myself as i'm in to subtle mods but can appreciate the work thats gone into it. Only thing i'd say is remove the dragon seat covers - I used to have them on my girlfriends corsa but only kept them on for few weeks - best thing I did was rip them off again lol. Would also get rid of the lexus lights and the huuuuge spoiler :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Dont like it all sorry, the back bumper looks like its got hug holes in it, the neons are so 10 years ago lol, get rid of the lexus lights, seat covers and spoiler! Colour code the door handles and mirrors. If it was me i would strip the car get what i can for it and look for a gsi kit:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeh well ive only just bought it unfortunately the work aint my own, but yeh my plans are to rip out he rear seats and replace the fronts with some suade/leather buckets, rear lexus lights I will be changing to led if i can find a decent set but the daft spoiler has to stay :)

as for the mirrors and the handles its gona have to be my priority!

ill have sort a new pic of the back its the red light shining through the mesh that makes it look like its got holes, its actually fitted white mesh so no gaps :p

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
No really change the spoiler, at the min it looks like its missing the pound slot to be a shopping trolley.
Saying that the work doesnt look to bad on it, just an old kit really.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The paintowrk finish is nice and the kit looks well put on its just kits like that are out of fashion now, subtle is the new eye catcher imo! The alloys are quite nice though!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ye i know what your saying about the kit fella's was gona go for something a bit more subtle like irmscher kit but im only 18 once so go for the daft option :p suprised you like the alloys i thought they look a bit to ordinary but i spose you need them on a car that over the top

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The daft option is the exact word i would use haha:p How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hiya :welcome:

Also where to get a custom fibre glass dash made?
That depends where you live really to what companies are local to you.

the head unit dvd palyers, when listening to music will these have a demo screen or do they only work with a dvd?
They have a still screen for when your just listening to music, and on most moving pictures (such as music videos or dvds) won't work unless your stopped as its against the law. Not sure how they work but think their wired up to your handbrake so they wont work unless your handbrake is up. Of course there is ways around this though...

Not sure on the spoiler but respect the work gone in to it.

what are the wheels?
And correct me if i'm wrong but are they not Lenso RS5's?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts