All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Please can someone help. I have corsa 1.2 16v (1999) automatic. Whilst out driving today the engine started to rev very highly itself and being an automatic I found it very difficult to control. The problem continued for about 2 - 3 miles until i finally got to stop the car by knocking it into neutral and switching of the engine. After that the problem resolved itself. I have had a friend have a look at it and he thinks it could be the idle control valve as this was the problem he had with his corsa.Please can someone tell me if they have experienced the same problem, and if it is the idle control valve how do I go about changing it. Is it a big job?

·
Registered
611 Posts
could be the idle control valve as you said.

but one thing kinda related to this that happened to me, was driving along in a 50zone and saw a car coming up behind me with no intention of slowing down, so i floored it as i was on a corner and there was a car coming the other way. however, the other car overtook me as soon as the car had passed. when i released the pressure on the throttle, the car was still stuck at high revs. not sure what the part is, but when i popped the bonnet, the rubber thing on the throttle cable just before it joins the throttle body had come off and jammed the throttle on full. might be worth checking it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just like you said kenny. The rubber part just before the throttle body was causing it to over rev. Thanx.
hi everyone new to this forum so here goes my problem is very simmilar to this, at stand still on neutral car revvs high and engine light comes on so then got to keep it in gear and reach the biting point wich brings the idle to normal and prevents engine light turning on but if left in neutral can rev to 2500 rpm with engine light on and when taking off can jerk a bit but once jerks past like 2500rpm drives quite quick lol please help where is this rubber part u all are talking about please help

·
Registered
12 Posts
found the problem

hi everyone i found the problem so i thought ide share, the throttle body to inlet manifold rubber cupping had a big old tear in it which caused extra air to be sucked causing high revving, idling funny and jerking, thanks Mr AA man lol now i just have to wait till tomorrow to get a replacement thanks mr sunday lol hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
temp fix

well i removed the cupping on there already and super glued it together and then wrapped duct tape around it just to make sure and guess what the problem is fixed but still going to buy a replacement tomorrow just to be on the safe side, what is this about idle control everyone talks about i heard alot of people get it, can someone please advise and what i should be looking out for and how to prevent the prob thanks.

Status Update: searched high and low for the rubber cupping and guess what every independent breaker or part distributor is saying one thing 'you have to go the main dealers' dam there probably going to charge me double the price of normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
costly

just bought the rubber cupping from main dealer as no 1 else sells it and it cost £30inc VAT ridiculous price for a little piece of rubber but hey what can you do, the dealer told me alot of people buy idle control valves thinking thats the problem when in fact its mainly a vacume leak, just thought ide let you know what they told me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts