All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, long story short , over 40 mph it shudders or hesitates or back fires :confused: and it gets more violent at 60 mph ?????? what could it be :(

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i had a cavy gsi in my drive last week with the same problem, bloody annoying when you cant get a car that will do 140 over 45mph lol, on this is was a the head gasket between pistons 1 and 2

d

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Let us know what it is then for future reference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O yeah it only started doing this ever since waiting in traffic, and the temperature gauge wasn't correct, cos the engine was defo hotter than what the gauge was saying, and the fan didn't kick in at all :confused: just thinking could it need a new C.T.S sensor :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It is a possibility. May be worth pricing up a second hand one and getting it replaced just in case.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
out of curosity could the spark plug leads (HT leads) cause a loss in power or jumping effect, If they were worn or sumat

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Also spark plugs being worn.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tried the spark plugs, the rubber on the ht leads are worn looking, wrinkly like
I'll change them for a new set and see how it goes, O yeah is it an easy job to replace the leads :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah, if you get a decent quality set they will be numbered for what combustion chamber they go to.
They also vary in length.
The easiest way to replace them is to remove old number 1 lead, attach new number 1 lead, remove number 2, attach number 2 etc etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope it's never over heated, I have looked into the possibilty that it could be that. Although the jumping started after waiting in slow moving traffic (because there was an accident) then when traffic speeded up, it started jumping bad like. It did heat up like but it didn't overheat, and this has carried on for about a month or two. Also It seems to only jump at high speeds and when the engine is warm (it's fine at cold).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
everything about the car seems fine, no oil leaks, no coolant leaks, not burning oil, not going through petrol, nothings loose, no white stuff round oil cap or in that area, not loosing oil, car starts first time in any weather, orange light is off, changed the oil+filter, air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter 3k ago. :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It could possibly be a sensor problem. There are that many sensors on the bloody things that anything could go wrong and all cause similar problems.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've got one of them tucked away in the shed somewhere aswell. I bought one for my previous corsa when it was having similar problems but like I said it turned out to be a loose earth wire.

·
Registered
393 Posts
are you sure that they've cleaned it, resetting the engine ecu (PCM) can have a similar effect as it will drop the fuel/ignition settings back to the factory settings, after a while it will relearn how to drive and the fault may return. one thing i'd suggest is to take the egr valve off yourself and check that it has been cleaned or even removed (closest garage to me has a habit of not doing what they've been told, another reason i do everything myself)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.