All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, This is my project thread..

Will post some piccy's up once I get my phone back from o2 (If that ever ****ing happens).

It's a 1998 1.4 16v Corsa Merit.

My first car, My first project.
My first lesson in everything about cars basically.

So originally when I got it, It was a that horrible pinky/red colour red cars go when the paint fades. All I've done atm is T-Cut and Wax the bitch. It's now all nice and shiny red :thumbs_up: Good times.

I haven't modified a damn thing on the car atm.. Soon not now but soon. I got a long list of things to do / i want to do and in time they will all happen and be shared amongst you within this thread.

To Do List
Replace starter motor
Replace rear wiper motor
Upgrade from 13" to 14"
Lower the car (after wheel upgrade)
Electric window conversion
(possible aftermarket central locking)
Upgrade audio system
Drill air filter
Replace exhaust (not sure whether to go for straight through or maybe scorpion design?)
New bootlid due to rust
New left and right wings due to rust
Vectra b steering wheel conversion
Upgrade front and back seats (leather or buckets?)
Potentially blow the brains? (install a sunroof? Not too sure about this)
In about 50k miles replace the engine

More will be added to the list as and when i think of them

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

This is my car after I'd T-Cut and Polished the whole thing :)

This is my car shorty after having debadged it.

I've post before and after photo's of any work i do to it :) There's a lot of work to be done and in all honestly i haven't even gotten a solid list of what I want to do to it yet. But will update my OG thread post with sed list as soon as I know what it is.

Thanks to Bradders to teaching my stupidass how to post images xD

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
you need to upload the pics to a host site like photobucket, then copy and paste the img links :)

Reactions: Hoggy420

·
Banned
8,758 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha yeah the rust needs seeing too.. Not sure whether i'm going to treat it or just replace the entire boot lid.. It's got a dodgy rear window wiper motor as well which i've disconnected till i get round to replacing it as well..

Only real issue with the car itself is it's a ****ing automatic Xd

Although all in all not bad for a car i bought for £330 lol

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
pretty sure its an 8v lol get a pic of the engine bay! and as of 93.. thats when the corsa b was first produced lol so none had a 16v except the gsi as far as i am aware!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pretty sure its an 8v lol get a pic of the engine bay! and as of 93.. thats when the corsa b was first produced lol so none had a 16v except the gsi as far as i am aware!
I will do.. I hope it's a 16v lol it's why I bought the ****ing car lol.

http://www.rac.co.uk/buying-a-car/car-reviews/vauxhall/corsa/207849/

This webpage here says that in Aug '94 the 1.4 got an upgrade to a 16v engine. So here's hoping it is one lol.

If not I will probably either sell it or get an engine that is lol.. I'm very choice with what engine I have in my car lol. Will get a photo up of the engine in a bit need to get the damn thing from being stuck first lol, Problem with automatics is everytime I stop it whilst it's in gear the ****ing starter motor jams and it wont start up again lol.

Me being me I haven't a clue what a starter motor looks like lol so can't tap it with a hammer to get it going again xD

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
does it look like this

or this?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
8v then.

They were still selling 8v engines until they ceased production of the B as far as I know.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it's 8v I'm pissed.. The guy I bought it off advertised it as a 16v 1.4 being one of the main reasons I bought the car in the first place even over looking the fact that it's an Automatic.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Running your reg through mycarcheck app comes back with 59bhp, so yeah 8v.
You'd probably struggle to insure a 1.4 16v as a first car anyway tbh.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
take a pic of the bay!

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
That's an 8v

Reactions: Hoggy420
1 - 20 of 42 Posts