All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 1996 Vauxhall Corsa LS 1.7 Diesel. I have a problem with damp occuring. Under the rear boot carpet is the spare wheel, and under there lies my problem. There are 2 perfectly circular holes in the floor, they look as though they are meant to be there but I am not sure. Has anybody else got these in the floor of their boot. Ive looked for other causes of damp but this is all I can find.
If these are not meant to be their then any idea what the bungs are called and where i could get them from to prevent damp appearing again.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
They are meant to be there, you can get rubber grommets to plug them up with if you like.

As for the damp, it may just be due to the coldness. Maybe your fan is set to recircularate the air inside the car instead of bringing new air in. Try moving the slider to the over side, this worked for me and stopped my windows misting up

·
Registered
752 Posts
my spair wheel bay was totaly rotton to the point of where when i went to drop the spair back into the bay it went through and hit the floor underneth :/

i just welded it all up, sod the rubber bungs lol the whole thing was welded.
ive seen corsas in the scrap yard in better nick than mine :/ :S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts