All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys, my little brother came home yesterday with a question, bear in mind he is 9! This is the question:

You have one germ on your hand and every minute it multiplies, so for example in 2mins theres 2 in 3 mins theres 4 etc etc..... How many germs would you have on your hand in 24hours?

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
haha he has homework that you cant do!

erm

2 2
3 4
4 8
5 16
6 32 .... so on go figure ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has to be some sort of equation for this! Theres no way im gonna be able to work it, in an hour would be hard enough never mind 24!

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok how i get the answer from that?

·
Registered
447 Posts
is there not a formula on that page?

areyou sure they want 24hours?

that would take weeks to write down...

60 mins x 24 hour = 1440...

and bearing in mind the 32nd term is 2,000,000,000 ish i think some one has misunderstood their homework...

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
haha, erm yeah im sure there is mate... but having been out of school for over 6 years and out of education for 3 i cant be arsed to think too much about it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
im 100% sure they are not after 1440 terms. that is a joke. there is no skill involved in doubling a number, its just a right ball ache

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
put it this way, the kid must've been doing something along the subject in class ;)

·
15,023 Posts
Aww no my equation wont work didnt read the question right. There is some formula for this but 24 hours does seem like a bit much

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL im gonna ask hmi when he comes in tonight if its 24hrs. surely it cant be maybe its jus one hour or something!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Naa on Friday but he came to me yday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts