All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i fitted a momo steerting wheel a while ago and didn't bother wiring up the horn, now that its mot time i have a problem, i was wondering if anyone could help wiring it up, i've thorwn ma old wheel away long time ago :( and dont really know what type of wiring to buy and what to connect :(

·
Registered
447 Posts
on my mates corsa b, the horn was just a button in the wheel, and when you push it, it simply connects two contacts together, the circuit is completed, and the horn sounds.

was this like the wheel you had?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Go to a scrappy and put a standard wheel back on for now:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe, ye sounds a good idea,

well there are two contacts on the wheel its self, but theres only 1 wire thats leading through to the wheel (brown and white) which has a long brass connector on the end that moves back and forward but doenst contact anythin....hmm im getting confused now...

·
Registered
447 Posts
what did you do wth the two wires that were going into the steering wheel? does you momo wheel have a button any where on it?

·
Registered
696 Posts
or do what i did :) connnect a wire to the wire behind the contact on the steering column, and fit a horn button down near your fog switch :) just make sure you tell the MOT guy its there and your fine :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont have any wires that where on the orgional wheel anymore, the brown and white one is on the car and is the only wire leading to the wheel, there are two connectors on the horn button in the wheel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i do like the idea of fitting a new button on the dash for it, any special kind of wire that i need for that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awrite cool, ill nip out and by some connectors and wire and see what i can do in the mean time, thanx

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Just phoned Lee and he said

Take the steering wheel off so youcan see into the boss, connect the horn wire to 1 off the contacts on the momo horn and the other contact on the horn to earth (any metal part of steering wheel)

·
Registered
447 Posts
brown is usally earth if that helps. maybe you just earth that wire and the horn sounds? although its very bad practice to have a a switch in the earth, its usually done through al ive...

·
Registered
354 Posts
With my momo wheel i just used a ring terminal crimp for the earth wire and put one of the steering wheel screws into the boss kit when I fitted it. it works fine for an earth and is in secure.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Let us know how you get on then mate hope all goes well!

·
Registered
696 Posts
With my momo wheel i just used a ring terminal crimp for the earth wire and put one of the steering wheel screws into the boss kit when I fitted it. it works fine for an earth and is in secure.
awesome idea, why didnt i think of that? :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts