All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the coming week we will hopefully be migrating over to a new host. We have outgrown the current shared server and it's a long overdue upgrade.
You may or may not notice posts disappearing over the next week, and intermittant downtime. This will be as we migrate over and it swaps between both databases so please bear with us and be patient. It will be worth it in the long run.
Thanks.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Can you loose some from sans project thread please :)

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just a tip Lee, what I do when I move servers like this, is setup the site on the new host and ask the exisiting host to run GRANT on the MySql database so that the nnew hsot can connect remotely.
Then in the early hours when nobody will be using the site, run MySqlDump on the exisiting host, SOURCE the new host with the dump file, then point the site to the new MySql database.

Doing this, you should lose your database for only about 10 - 20 seconds instead of a few minutes/hours

Ignore that, jsut noticed the IP address has changed - and I see the other thread on here.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Performance is MUCH better for me, how are other users finding it?
We knew there would be some posts lost but it was something that was worth it to keep the migration work to a minimum. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
It does seem a little speedier and I know we were warned about it but it seems like a whole day or two's worth of content has gone. I've lost an iTrader rating too :( Not including today's posts, the last ones were on the 20th. Back to page 100 for Vegas lol.

·
Registered
977 Posts
That's odd - can anyone else test?
I have just removed and readded mine and it's been fine. Are you sure the avatar you are choosing is correct size etc?
Yes mate I've double checked everything. Also, and I don't know if this is the same for anyone else, quite a few of my private messages have disappeared from my inbox...

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
You may or may not notice posts disappearing over the next week
It does seem a little speedier and I know we were warned about it but it seems like a whole day or two's worth of content has gone. I've lost an iTrader rating too :( Not including today's posts, the last ones were on the 20th. Back to page 100 for Vegas lol.
Speedier is what we needed, it was causing issues before.

Yes mate I've double checked everything. Also, and I don't know if this is the same for anyone else, quite a few of my private messages have disappeared from my inbox...
Yeah, all changes were affected so posts/PM's/visitor messages and even stuff like sig changes would revert back to how they were.

Showing the 20th for me mate too :(
See above :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 159 Posts