9,928 Posts

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Not THAT much lol. Irritating though

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Also on ideas, we should remove feature cars, as not used will stop people asking about it being started again

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
+1

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I detected the sarcasm !

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Me too, but I think it would be nice if we got it going again.
Maybe have one feature car per national meet??

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Never going to happen.

Reactions: Hoggy

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ah well

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Because we put all the effort in, and whoever wins can't be arsed to put the effort in to get the details sent over. It's been tried 3 times to ressurect it, and it isn't going to happen a fourth time.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
What effort did they need to put in and what details are you referring to Lee?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Taking pictures, forwarding them to me, filling in a spec sheet. Not a lot really, which is why it was even more frustrating.
We have to do a fair bit to pick and organise a feature car, and the little bit we ask back, is still too much for some, so it isn't happening anymore.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I wouldnt mind taking it over if you ever wanted to revive it.
What I would suggest is that anyone who wants to enter would need to fill out an online entry form with the specs of the vehicle and attach pictures, so we have it all before we even decide the winner.
I can even make the online form for you so that it mails the details and pictures as an attachment directly via email so wouldnt put any strain on the server or take up disk space

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Sounds good to me. It has obviously caused hassle in the past but I think that if it ran well it would be a really good addition to the site. Without sounding too emotional and gay, I think it would help the place feel more of a community as it would encourage people with their work on their car if they were to win :)

But if there is really no chance of it being revived then I think it should just be removed completely, it's just outdated as it is now.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
So other than waiting is there a way to force my unjailbroken iPhone to find the updated site? ATM can only Moderator when at home on wifi, not out and about :(

As for feature cars the online form actually sounds like a good idea!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
It's not going to happen. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's not going to happen.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts