All Corsa Forum banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If Lee makes a new cname on the dns you can use unjailbroken iPhone on mobile data connection, or point the old host to the new ip address

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
It's not going to happen. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's not going to happen.
Hmm, what I don't understand is that surely if there's enough enthusiasm from current members and someone else is willing to take control of it, then why are you so against it?

Can't we give it another try and see how it goes? I've been here for about a year now and I know it hasn't been retried in that time and by now a lot of the regular posting members have joined within the last year as well, and so you may find a different attitude will be taken towards it.

I personally don't see the harm in giving it another go as it isn't something you'll have to worry about as other people will take the responsibility.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
That's the exact response I've had every time. And every time its gone tits up. It's not happening, I've got better things to do on the site than bring back a redundant feature.

Reactions: Hoggy

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Hmm, what I don't understand is that surely if there's enough enthusiasm from current members and someone else is willing to take control of it, then why are you so against it?

Can't we give it another try and see how it goes? I've been here for about a year now and I know it hasn't been retried in that time and by now a lot of the regular posting members have joined within the last year as well, and so you may find a different attitude will be taken towards it.

I personally don't see the harm in giving it another go as it isn't something you'll have to worry about as other people will take the responsibility.
I took over it last time and not one person sent me a photo or spec sheet. Then a month later the exact same members wanted to restart it :palm:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Can of worms I've started. Scrap it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Are the problems on your phone? I can't say I've had any issues at all, and the site hasn't been down since we migrated.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
no i'm on a laptop and it only does it now and again usually between 3am until when ever it lets me on later in day :/ also does it randomly through day.
im same as this, it wouldnt let me on on my laptop, roughly the same time, so tried on my mobile (htc wildfire on 3) and couldnt get on either

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
im same as this, it wouldnt let me on on my laptop, roughly the same time, so tried on my mobile (htc wildfire on 3) and couldnt get on either
So you copying me then lol i got a wildfire too but dont use for on here lol
I use too differet internet connections and it does not work on either of them.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I have no idea why this is. Maybe one of the more technical users may be able to shed light on it.
Also, for those who asked, I'm in the process of setting up Tapatalk for you.

Reactions: Daniel119

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Same problems on phone. Starting to piss me off bait now

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
May I say a huge thank you to those who did all the work to do whatever has been done (of which I understand not a lot). I did wonder why Allcorsa was getting quite cumbersome. Much better now.

I'm with Tiscali, who were taken over by Talk Talk, which probably explains why I got a broken link message from Thursday until this afternoon. But all is good now, and much nicer to use.

Well done chaps.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
It costs £1.60... what can it do that going on a forum on safari cant do? Seems utterly pointless to me. "lets have an app that takes a rich colourful interactive, image based forum and turns it into a stripped down text based service with no images, less features and is generally more cumbersome and slower to use"

Sounds like a worthwhile feature if im honest

:palm:

121 - 140 of 159 Posts