All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Which bass tube is it? I have this one:

Basically you need a standard wiring kit. You'll have a blue, red and black wire. The black wire is the earth wire. Find a piece if bare metal in your boot & connect it to that. The Blue wire goes into the stereo & the red wire needs to be connected to the battery. Run the blue & red wires under the carpet through to the front of the car. The red wire can pass through a rubber gromit just behind the heating console (just pierce the gromit & pushe the wire through). Then pass this red wire to the battery and connect to the battery. Not too sure about the order of the wires being connected to the sub. One mine there are three golden screws that you connect each wire onto. Hope this has helped. I think i might've missed out a wire :confused:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I still think it's better to run the wires under the door plastic bits Lyds. Open your door and there is plastic running along the bottom of the door sill. That way you can separate the power cables with any remoteor speaker cables by running them down separate sides and it's easier than going under the carpet.

Those plastic bits are hollow, perfect:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I still think it's better to run the wires under the door plastic bits Lyds. Open your door and there is plastic running along the bottom of the door sill. That way you can separate the power cables with any remoteor speaker cables by running them down separate sides and it's easier than going under the carpet.

Those plastic bits are hollow, perfect:thumbs_up:
Ohh right, my mate fitted my sub - i didn't realise it could be done that way. It was a pain threading the wires through the carpet :laugh: Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
also the blue wire needs to be connected to the remote wire from the stereo, its usually blue with "amp rem" written on it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have read on another thread about their not beeing enough power on the remote wire (from head unit) so people use the aerial power lead from the head unit instead.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Have read on another thread about their not beeing enough power on the remote wire (from head unit) so people use the aerial power lead from the head unit instead.
Was gonna say the exact same thing :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts