All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, its finally arrived today, what will i ahve to use to put it on, some sort of adhesive or heavy duty tape?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sikaflex or tigerseal, plus some self tapping screws. Go to your nearest Vauxhall dealership and ask for the stuff to fit a gsi spoiler. It will cost pence.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
make sure you line everything up, double check it and double check it again, thats stuff is strong you will have some issues getting it off again, and you will look like a silly a*se with a wonky spoiler!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the genuine spoilers have 4 6mm bolts that you take off, and where the washer jet is theres 2 torque screws, when you remove them the spoiler can be prised off as its just held down with 3m double sided tape, then the backing plates helps on with 4 10mm plastic bolts as the corsa tailgates with the factory spoiler have small threaded section welded on,

so thats the genuine one lol

the cheapo replicas are usually the worst fit ever but come with wee sticky tabs that you put into the screw holes on the spoiler, you then get a mate and yourself to line the spoiler up and put preasure on it till the tabs stick to the tailgate, you then drill through the middle of the tabs and this gives you the mounting points needed, then its a case of a wee bit of threaded rod in each of the holds and use the 10mm bolts supplied to draw the spoiler down till your happy with it, but i must warn the replicas are never that hot

d

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think its a replica tbh but i lined it up y'day and i looked sweet as, theres no bolts r screw with it, will tigerseal be ok on its own?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
??????

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I would've thought it would be. Just make sure you de-grease the area well.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok jus usin soapy hot water then dry off? then jus use the tigerseal?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah that should do, or use a proper de-greasing product from a paint supplier or halfords. Although I have found warm soapy water and a lint free cloth always does the trick for me.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
tigerseal will be good to a point, but i still wouldnt just bond it on and leave it at that, id hate to be driving along the road and to get hit buy your spoiler a few months down the line, use panel wipe to clean the surface, get it from halfords and all good motorfactors, and do not use a degreaser they leave a covering that will react with the tigerseal

d

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so what do you suggest i use to bond it on?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i suggest tigerseal but id try and find a way of a bit of added security as if at some point it comes loose you wouldnt want a claim on your hands cause of somthing as simply as a cheap spoiler, id try and run a selftaper screw the tailgate and into the spoiler on all 4 corners, this will make it 100% secure and also draw the spoiler in making it sit a lot more flush

d

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts