All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I recently bought myself a Corsa B 1.2 1997 and was wondering if anyone could look at these pictures and give me a few pointers? As far as I'm aware there isn't anything wrong with the engine but I just wanted some help and advice on where things could go wrong in the future so I can get them fixed now.

Thanks for your help :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It's all about the mileage, the way it's been driven, how it's been looked after etc

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
the actual bay looks pretty clean around the engine, mine was always caked in shit.

Reactions: VyKaginCorsa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's all about the mileage, the way it's been driven, how it's been looked after etc
It has 59K on the clock, backed up by MOT and it's been looked after by an older gentle man before me so I don't think he would have been kicking the **** out of it lol.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
take it for a bloody good thrash.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If you have evidence when the timing belt was last changed then great - if not plan on replacing the timing belt and the water pump in the near future. (You can change the thermostat as well whilst you're at it - only because it makes sense to replace the water pump & 'stat whilst the belt is off. And the pump is driven by the belt so if the pump goes the belt snaps.)

Apart from that, given good frequency oil changes, they are pretty bulletproof.

Bear in mind that the engine is massively detuned from it original specification to meet emission regs when fuel injection & catalytic converters were introduced, so you can hammer the living daylights out of all day long and it won't break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts