All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a corsa 1.4i 8v ? i mean max speed coz i hurd it was like 97 mph or something not a clue but i just bought a 4 branch manifold will this make much difference? should i drill my air box? should i have the heads shaved? thanks :) was guna get a bigger engine but might as well keep this 1 till im 18 then change it. any good mod info will be much appriciated :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Do a poo that will make you a bit quicker, less weight.

Well every car is different mate, it depends on the road surface, the wind speed and direction, the road gradient, engine age and condition, tyre pressures..... the list goes on.

I had 110 out of my 1.2 8v downhill and 105 on a flat (private road obviously)

You might notice a difference as performance exhaust manifolds are most effective in the higher rpms. You wont really notice it down the rev range, but top end you will. Mid range torque might increase i dont know.

·
18,555 Posts
i did 105 in my 1.2 but then got scared lol, cant afford to lose my license! and clutch, which private road did you do 105 down then? own a road that long do ya? lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
i had 125 outta my 1.4sxi twinport C with it not redlineing its not fun though speedin infact its ****ty but my old B did 110 but i took the piss geting there like 2mile from 80

·
Registered
75 Posts
well ive got 112 on my 1.2 :) (was higher than 110 but just less than 115) :p, this was on a pretty low lying road, yes also a private road, the road was lying pretty flat much like a motorway :)...

·
Registered
498 Posts
well ive got 112 on my 1.2 (was higher than 110 but just less than 115) :p, this was on a pretty low lying road, yes also a private road, the road was lying pretty flat much like a motorway ...
LOL i liked reading that post

·
Registered
75 Posts
haha, hmmm i wonder why :rolleyes:

oh yeah i do have to add that it took bloody ages to get there, and then when i did, about 30 secs later i "ran out of road" and had to slow down :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pressure

just wondering what mods to do to get quicker acceleration ? can u get fuel boost valves for a corsa 1.4 8 valve? any sugestions for acceleration would be appriciated

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ive had 108mph out of my 1.2 8v, would of been faster but had to slow down due to other cars pulling out infront of me.

I think they must have miss read the private road sign :)

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
just wondering what mods to do to get quicker acceleration ? can u get fuel boost valves for a corsa 1.4 8 valve? any sugestions for acceleration would be appriciated
If you go down the route of increasing fuel flow, you'll run into all sorts of problems. You'll just ruin your engine. There'll be excess carbon deposits which will just ruin the engine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
15,023 Posts
well ive got 112 on my 1.2 :) (was higher than 110 but just less than 115) :p, this was on a pretty low lying road, yes also a private road, the road was lying pretty flat much like a motorway :)...
Speedo inaccuracies?

·
Registered
259 Posts
i've had 118 out of my 1.4 8v sri with k&n,stright remus racing tube,peco backbox,lowerd plus i had 2 f*ck off heavy subs in the back.

·
Registered
390 Posts
best way of increasing the performance of your 1.4 8v is to turn up the boost

1 - 20 of 48 Posts