All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i've been looking at lowering stuff most of the afternoon and evening and not sure whether to go down 40mm or 50mm bearing in mind i'm just getting springs for now.

I can pick up a 40mm set no problem either on ebay or hopefully from this guy I have contacted.

But then with 40mm my front end could still look a little high which is making me think about going down 50mm.

Keeping in my budget though the only springs for 50mm I can find are Streetline:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Cors...ryZ40192QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

and i'm not sure if they are any good at that any price.

I only want to spend about £60 max with p+p included which is not a problem with the 40mm springs.

What do you guys think - I can't make my mind up?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I would imagine a safe bet would be -40mm and being a better brand? Although -50mm may look better but are you sure they are as good quality. It's hard to do a chop of the differences as well or I would but with your wheels i'd say -50mm would look great. Hoping your tyres will be good too. Down to personal choice?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea see i think i've decided then i think "hmm 50 would maybe look better front wise and my mates is down 50 and looks spot on but dunno how those springs will be - grrrr its not easy this lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Then you need to think about what else you may need if you go lower. I think the Gmax 40's is a safe bet. At least that way it's cheap and still good handling? (i presume). With the tyres 40 would look fine imo.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i've definately decided to go down 40mm. I can get a set of Jamex springs for £60 posted or a set of G-Max for £65 posted - which out of those 2 would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
few mates of mine have gmax springs and some the whole kits, seem ok for a buget buy, but for a little more could pick up a decent kit 2nd hand in v.g.c, let us know what it looks and handles like! :)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
this threads quite old steve even has the springs now.

clicky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts