All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
fill it through the breather hole, makes it easy.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Simple trick to get the level right so long as have some reasonably level ground

You have it jacked up to drain it which means that you can't check the level using the level hole - so what you do is to keep it on the jack and fill through the top hole until it shows at the level hole (ie gearbox is now over-full). Then refit the road wheel and lower it - ie the car is now level and the excess oil drains out of the level hole. Once it's stopped dripping the gearbox has the right amount in so you jack it up again and pop the level hole plug back in.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately i don't have access to level ground to do it that way very easily. The road outside my house (no driveway) has worn that much over the generations that the camber is pretty extreme.
Front and rear would be the same height, but not offside & nearside so makes it a little more annoying trying to work out when it's all level.

All joking aside, a spirit level is all i can think of.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
In the past I've kept some blocks of wood to level the car on a camber, or (depending on the camber / height of kerb) stick two wheels on the kerb and the other two on the camber.

Using a spirit level isn't as daft as it sounds - I used to have one of those caravan spirit levels which shows level in both directions (longitudinal and lateral) and that worked a treat when checking gearboxes in odd situations.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-WAY-MIN...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item5af03b3e50

1 - 10 of 10 Posts