All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right well you guys might not like me for asking all this but ive come to the end of modding my car as its my 1st one and its gona kill me what a good deal the person who buys it off me is gona get! So i was just wondering the following:-

How much did you buy your car for?

How much has gone into it for modding?

How much are you expected to sell it for?

How much are you going to loose on it?

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else (House Deposit Etc)

sorry if this offends anyone im just curious as to how far people would take modding if they could afford it unlike me :(

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? £200 of my mum ;)

How much has gone into it for modding? prob about £3000 so far more to come. but £2400 was the engine an brakes an that.

How much are you expected to sell it for? £1500

How much are you going to loose on it? alot :laugh:

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else? no i love the speed :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? €1850

How much has gone into it for modding? €1000

How much are you expected to sell it for? €1500

How much are you going to loose on it? €1350

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else? No

I haven't been modding as such. Just repairing the bits not working when I bought it, and undoing the mods the "boy-racer" added to the car prior to my purchase, I've put it back as close to standard as is economically sensible...

J.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? Mom&Dad bought it for £800

How much has gone into it for modding? £950ish

How much are you expected to sell it for? £1100-1300?

How much are you going to loose on it? Depends how much ive spent on it by the time i sell.

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else? Nope

·
Registered
354 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? £1500

How much has gone into it for modding? £1500

How much are you expected to sell it for? I wont sell Ill run it into the ground and then get a 2.0 fitted lol

How much are you going to loose on it? alot

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else (House Deposit Etc) No ive enjoyed modding it so far and learning how to do bits myself.

·
Registered
322 Posts
dont even want to go there! spend alot of money on the car, and would rather not be reminded of it! lol but was worth every penny!

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Bought my first car for £660
and my second (current) for £250
(i got my car from a mechanic who did a full engine swap & interior swap to make it as good as possible

about £90?

about £500

hopefully nothing

Alcohol..

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? - £600

How much has gone into it for modding? - At least £1000

How much are you expected to sell it for? - At least £1000 (even with such a high mileage!!

How much are you going to loose on it? I think a lot of money has been lost by modding. But I don't care :)

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else (House Deposit Etc) - Maybe a holiday, alcohol, rent for a flat..

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
I haven't been modding as such. Just repairing the bits not working when I bought it, and undoing the mods the "boy-racer" added to the car prior to my purchase, I've put it back as close to standard as is economically sensible...

J.
Why you undoing them? and what kinda mods??

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Why not buy a standard car mate?

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
£500 but it had a red boot (later swapped a correct colour boot for the 17" alloys the car came with)

Wheels - £350
Stereo - £100
Sub + Amp and cabling - £150
Window tint - £40
Sunstrip - £40
Grill lights - £30
Grill - £20
Air horn - £20
Siren and PA System - £40

about £1000

Nothing hopefully

Nope, love my Corsa!

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? £1700

How much has gone into it for modding? £2500ish

How much are you expected to sell it for? im not

How much are you going to loose on it? nothing

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else (House Deposit Etc) NOOOOOOOOOOOO

:) thanks chapperz n dave

·
Registered
801 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? £3750

How much has gone into it for modding? £1700 (ish)

How much are you expected to sell it for? 5/6K when finished and properly tuned.

How much are you going to loose on it? Nothing hopefully, if I can find a good tuner.

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else? No

·
Registered
122 Posts
Why you undoing them? and what kinda mods??
Mods? his 'n' hers sun-visa on the front. Vauxhall decal stuck on the rear window. Blue light washer 'thingies', crap radio and wires cut to fit it. Huge holes in the rear parcel shelf where speakers had been fitted, really horrible steering wheel, third brake light badly fitted to top of rear window - basically bad mods by a juvenile boy racer type.

Other than that, thermostat, brakes, water pump, lights-wiring in the fuse box (again boy racer!). Small things but it all adds up...

Why not buy a standard car mate?
Er, because it is very difficult to find a "standard" cheap car for a small amount of money, small cars tend to be owned by learner/young drivers (I'll explain the way that works over here if you like) and young drivers can't seem to leave a car alone :shocked:. I bought the car at auction and it was the best car there for the money. I was unemployed at the time and only had a max of €2000 to spend on a car and it's almost impossible to find a car for that money with a loooong NCT (MOT) which is vital if you don't want to spend thousands putting an NCT on a previously failed car.

Cars take a real hammering over here on the roads (potholes) and ten year old cars, good ones, are few and far between. Mine is one of the very, very, few!

J.

·
Registered
122 Posts
erm i got a standard corsa b - 1994 for £250...
and i had a standard corsa b that i bought for £660..
and most people on here prefer speakers in the parcel shelf.. not really "boy racer"
Car prices are different here in Ireland. You cannot buy a cheap car from outside Ireland and import it. You have to pay VRT at 25% of the price of the car when new on top of the purchase price, this, along with the £ to Euro conversion makes it even more expensive than buying an Irish registered car.

People may prefer speakers in the parcel shelf, but when there are no speakers and just ragged holes, I'm sure "people" don't prefer that:rolleyes:

J.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? £1150 (bargain)

How much has gone into it for modding? £800

How much are you expected to sell it for? £1400

How much are you going to loose on it? selling it none, will loose money coz i modded it though

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else? Nope not really

·
Registered
224 Posts
How much did you buy the car for? £1000
(bargain 2000 sxi with 40K on the clock)

How much gone into modding? £600

How much left to spend on modding? £2000 (including new engine)

How much are you going to sell it for? not

How much will you lose? going to run it and then swap engines and then mod the engine.

Do you wish you spent the money on anything else? nope

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
How much did you buy your car for? £600

How much has gone into it for modding? Too much:

Alloys:£300
Exhaust:£150
Steering wheel and hub:£70
Amps(i have 3):£250
Sub:£100
6x9s:£20
Front speakers:£25
Tweeters:£10
Headunit:£80
Total:£1005 (think its more than that TBH)

How much are you expected to sell it for? God knows, not alot

How much are you going to loose on it? Well im gonna take all the sound system out, but still quite alot

Do you wish you had of used the money for something else? Sure there could have been something more worth while to spend it on LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts