All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this info, it did havpics but i dont no where they went, Getting a more powerful motor will make it better, but i would try and go for a boost of 6 psi any more and it may not be too good for you or your car. I havent tried this i just got it to see what it was on about

Electric Superchargers

Preliminary Information
Electric Superchargers are an effective way to gain a fairly substantial amount of horsepower for a very low cost. Not only are they inexpensive to build, they are generally easy to install and are safe for your engine if installed and built correctly. The Electric Supercharger installs right onto your cars stock intake system. When choosing your main Supercharger Blower unit, be sure to purchase a unit with the highest amount of CFM.

In most cases you will need at least 500cfm of power to receive a boost great enough to give you any substantial gains. If at all possible we highly recommend building the 24,000rpm unit that will produce up to a 2psi equivalent boost!

GET A BIGGER FAN AND MOTOR FOR IT TO GET MORE POWER

Tools and Materials
Tools Materials
1) Assorted Screwdrivers (flathead, starhead, etc.)

2) Needle Nose Pliers

3) Hammer

4) Hacksaw

5) Wire Crimps

6) Scissors

7) Drill

1) (V1) Attwood Turbo 4000 Blower (Available from Marine Supply Stores)
or
(V2) For the 24,000rpm supercharger (1) Watt-Age 3" fan with motor. Or if possible with the Cobalt Motor!
To find the location to purchase these parts please read at the end of these instructions.
2) 3" Diameter Piece of Soft Pipe (available from Home Depot)
3) (1) SPST Momentary Push Button Switch
4) (1) Roll of Electric Tape
5) (1) Metal Bracket
6) (1) 25ft. roll of 12-Gauge Wire
7) K & N or equivalent Cone Air Filter
8) Miscellaneous Filter Clamps

Installation Instructions:

Please note that it is recommended that you use this with an aftermarket intake for best results. Also if used with a stock intake you may have to modify either the intake system or modify the in-line blower, this is an option, but not recommended.
NOTE: Both Versions of the Electric Supercharger 8,000rpm version and 24,000rpm version are built and installed using the same methods. We highly recommend the 24,000rpm unit with the Cobalt motor as it will produce much better airflow than the cheaper 8,000rpm unit will

For use on aftermarket intakes, simply insert the blower in the intake right before the air filter. Please make sure the airflow arrow is pointing towards the engine.
If you are installing in a factory intake you may have to modify the intake or the blower. Once again, please take note that I do not recommend modifying the intake.
Once you get the fan-installed reconnect the air filter.
Next connect a piece of the 12 gauge wire to the ground terminal of the battery, and then run the wire neatly to the ground wire (black) on the fan. Please be sure to note that the keyword in the previous sentence is NEAT, you don't want it coming loose and getting in the way of moving parts, plus you want it to look good don't you!
Now you will connect a piece of 12 gauge wire to the positive terminal of the battery and run it neatly to the throttle body, be sure to leave about 3 inches of wire to work with here, you will need it later. As mentioned before, keep the wire neat and secure!! Need to have it look good!!
Next you will have to run a piece of 12 gauge wire from the in-line-blowers positive wire up to the throttle body, once again you will want to secure the wire neatly and leave about 3 inches to work with here.
Next you will want to connect the 2 wires to the Mini switch.
Be sure to properly wrap any bare wires around the switch with the electrical tape so that they will not touch each other or something else if they come loose. Another option is to wrap the wires in heat shrink tubing, but this is up to you.
Now, with everything hooked up, press the button and make sure the fan comes on. If it does not, be sure to check all your connections and make sure they are all secure.
Now comes the tough part. Depending on your car, you will have to mount the switch in a position where it is activated during wide-open-throttle. Below is a picture of my car where you could mount the switch on the throttle body so that the switch is depressed only at wide-open-throttle. The Red mark represents where the switch would be mounted, the blue mark is the part of the throttle that would come in contact with the switch at wide-open-throttle. The second picture is the how it would look at wide-open-throttle, so you can see how it would depress.

IF YOU WANT THE PICTURES THEN MESSAGE ME AND I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU E-MAIL.

Depending on your vehicle, you can install the button in a way that your throttle depresses the button and turns the fan on at wide-open throttle. If you can't seem to find a way to mount the switch anywhere on the throttle body; you can alternatively run the wires into the cabin and mount the switch so that the gas pedal will push the button when it is stomped to the floor, which would be at wide-open-throttle. This part of the installation, you are partly on your own because you will have to take different approaches depending on what car you have. Be sure you really mount the switch well, you do not want it to come loose and interfere with the operation of the throttle, this would be very dangerous, not only for your car, but for your safety also.
If this should ever happen, be sure to shut off your engine, but do not turn the key so much that your steering will lock on you. An alternative to doing this is to just put your car in neutral until you can come to a complete stop and then shut your car off, this will eliminate the possibility of your steering locking up before you can come to a complete stop. This method may be a little harder on your engine, but it is much safer for you.

THIS IS WHAT I GOT IF YOU WANT THE ORIGIONAL I CAN SEND IT TO YOU.ALSO MAKE IT AS POWERFUL AS YOU CAN.

THANKS

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nope, I asked him to post it just to see what it said. I've heard a lot of conflicting stuff about electric superchargers so was interested to see how they were made.

No interest in making one myself though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didnt get it with the idea of making one either cos i own a 1.2 8v ls so the only thing that will make that faster is getting out and pushing. but i was just interested to see what it said, it was only 99p so why not

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Exactly.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Its alright saying all this but there is nothing about the results, its just how to build it, so does it work or not? Using a motor designed for model aeroplanes wont last that though, they run for about 15 minutes until the batteries die.

·
Registered
166 Posts
that could work for cars 20 years ago.. but now a day's don't think..

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not only that but I heard a horror story of them breaking up into pieces and flying into the engine. Which isn't good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, on the pictures you wire it up into the car bat on a switch, it all depends on how much air you can force into your engine, thats why proper superchargers run at 6psi ish on top of norm atmospheric pressure which is 14.7 psi, this should give an increase of about 50% but it is more like 30-40%, so basically get a car that can fit a stock supercharger. as for them breaking up into pieces it is possible but i doubt it as they are rated for this when used in models and i think there would be a lot of angry modellers out there if they broke up. BASICALLY BUY A CAR WITH ONE ALREADY FITTED OR ONE THAT CAN TAKE A CAR MANUFACTURERS SUPERCHARGER. iM REALLY LIKIN THIS SITE

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
:laugh: , I like the little: iM REALLY LIKIN THIS SITE
stuck on the end :thumbs_up: .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, it is the best i have come across and the most friendly, on here you can ask an opinion of and they wont just tell you to f**k off or anything like that they will just give their opinion which in turn helps you with what will look good or bad. I must have read most of the threads and not one really has a horrible thing to say they just give an opinion which in my opinion is good(no pun intendid) i will put up some pictures of my corsa soon but its nothing special YET but after christmas i will really get going on it.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
yea i agree stealthben - everyone on here seems to be really friendly and when you ask for an opinion on something they don't give you a full blown negative comment - they'll advise you of an alternative. Everyone seems to have a good laugh to - definately think its one of the best, friendliest corsa forums out there.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
A lot of the members on here are just starting out with the modding so don't worry. Your in the same boat as them. You could have a bog standard corsa and intend to keep it that way for all we care. This site is for corsa owners, not just modifiers.
That's what a lot of other sites seem to forget.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool thanks very much, does anyone really do large engine mods or is it mostly interior and body type mods, i just want a nice not over the top corsa that is nice to look at but not a thief magnet

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
thats similar to me - i was gonna go for a bodykit from ebay - wasn't over the top or anything but wasn't subtle either. The guys here changed my way of thinking now though. putting a post 97 bumper on the rear which i have just need it sprayed, and sourcing a GSi bumper for the front and GSi spoiler to give it the subtle but very nice look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, well im gonna keep the standard bumpers and spray them black cos they have faded and get a gsi spoiler and colour code that to my car. I have really big ideas for the interior, all lights are gonna be red(burgandy car), i am going to build a mechanism for a computer with a 14" tft that will motorise out of the glove box(already drawn the plan up)remove grey dull carpet and replace with black and put in more soundproofing on the wheel arches and engine bay, chequer plate foot mats, im not sure whether or not to put in footwell lights as i dont no if thats going over the top, also i am going to fit 2 tft's in the back of the seats so i will make up a frame for that to fit in. I dont spose anyone knows of any programes that you can get that will beable to measure all the cars sensors like mixture, oil pressure, fuel, speed, revs cos it owuld be cool to have all this on the screens so people in the car can see whats going on. WELL THATS MY GRAND PLAN IN A LARGE NUT SHELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
sounds good man - looks like you and i (its actually my girlfriends car but she's letting me mod it) have basically the same car - 1.2 8v 3dr corsa in burgandy. I see your a cad technichian too so you'll be good with all the planning and stuff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i love technical drawing. i no i dont think its that bad a car just wish it had a bit more power but you can have everything, im extremely weary as to wether or not fit an induction kit or but a K&N replacement element. Do you have the standard grey interior in your one cos it is awful i think, i have brought seat covers in plain black to cover it up a bit, they fit ok but i cant afford a retrim would be nice tho. i want a respray really cos the car has a lot of nicks in the paintwork, not my fault as i havent had it that long i blame previous owners for driving behind gritters and things for too long and the bonnet is speckeled with white dots, gritters should trun off when there is a car behind them, i might try and force that law through im sure lots of people would agree.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts