All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you're looking to buy some German rear lights or even MHWs, it's almost guaranteed that buying from German Ebay is cheaper, so here's how to do it if you can't speak a word of German.

Tools

Ebay www.ebay.de
Translator babelfish.yahoo.com

Step 1
Go to www.ebay.de and you will be taken to the home screen

Step 2
It's best to log in, you'll understand why later, so to log in click Einloggen by the Ebay logo, and you will be taken to this familiar screen

Just log in with your usual Ebay credentials - they work on all of Ebay's international sites

Step 3
Once you log in you'll be taken back to the homepage, now we can start searching. The name 'Corsa' is the same in both German and English, so type Corsa into the search bar

Step 4
Now, because we are looking for aftermarket rear lights and not standard ones, click on Auto-Tuning & -Styling

Now here, click on Designleuchten & Lichter to get to the aftermarket lights section

Step 5
You will now be at the lights section

But to narrow it down even more, click on Heckleuchte in the catagories section to be taken to the rear lights

Step 6
Now we see all manner of lights, but make sure you look under the price. In green I have highlighted what you want to see, because you logged in Ebay knows you are British, so is showing you the price to ship the item to Britain, if it says what I have highlighted in red, then it means the seller has provided no shipping price to Britain, and most likely doesn't ship to Britain.

Step 7
Once you have found the lights of your dreams, click Versand und Zahlungsmethoden to verify the shipping costs and that they do in fact ship to Britain

and as you can see, yes they do for 24,90€. As before, because you logged in, it knows you are British so automatically shows you the British shipping costs

Amended 16/09/10
Step 8
Buy the product, and then click 'Pay Now'. Most of Germany uses Auktion Master.de , this is an Ebay run website, and is trusted.
When you first get to Auktion Master, you will see the product you are buying:

Of course it's in German, so click the Union Flag:

Step 9
Click Continue and you will be shown your address. Because it's through Ebay, your address will be filled in automatically.

Step 10
Click continue and you will be asked how you want to pay. In this tutorial it will be PayPal. This page also tells you how much the postage will be to the UK.

Step 11
You will then be taken to the PayPal website where you should enter your PayPal details

Step 12
Review you payment

Step 13
Done

3 days later

:thumbs_up:
If you get stuck, Babelfish roughly translates what you need

Result
Some low priced top quality lights

Update 15/09/10
I noticed today that even if it says they have supplied no shipping information, they may still ship to the UK. So it's worth looking on the item page, because I've seen some MHW's (look a like probably, but still) for 75€ delivered, it's just that it says they ship to Britain on the item page, rather than the delivery page

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Good bit of info there. Anybody with Google Chrome, it will automatically translate for you.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
or you just find them on the uk ebay and buy them normally like i did
type in corsa b rear lights and there on the second page a believe

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or you just find them on the uk ebay and buy them normally like i did
type in corsa b rear lights and there on the second page a believe
Yeah but they aren't always there, and buying them off UK Ebay they are £66.90 delivered, whereas on German Ebay I paid £53 delivered

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I've found some really nice 5 door ones, but only a left hand one! Had a look through the seller's other items and everything. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've found some really nice 5 door ones, but only a left hand one! Had a look through the seller's other items and everything. Any tips?
I saw your thread on that, all I can think of is to find someone who can speak a bit of German and email the seller, see if any are coming in stock as I can't see why a company would just order lights for the left side.

Edit:

You could even try emailing them in English, I don't know about Germany but some European countries (Sweden for example) learn English all through school, so their English could be better than your German

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
the angel eyes im looking at dont have a shipping cost, so it may be free delievery, but they may not ship to the uk.

EDIT: no worries, just got a friend to translate it for me

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
the angel eyes im looking at dont have a shipping cost, so it may be free delievery, but they may not ship to the uk.

EDIT: no worries, just got a friend to translate it for me
It's unlikely that european headlights will work dude...they're set up to shine the light the other way

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I bought my genuine, brand new MHW's off the German ebay using this method, Cost me £88 including postage, and arrived 2 days after I purchased them, that's quicker than most english companies.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought my genuine, brand new MHW's off the German ebay using this method, Cost me £88 including postage, and arrived 2 days after I purchased them, that's quicker than most english companies.
There's usually loads on but they're private sales so unless you can speak German and can sweet talk them into posting to Britain, they're no use. I even saw some South African ones going for around 40€

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I got mine from a proper parts place. The checkout redirects through their website. Not looked in ages though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts