All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camshaft Sensor On 1.2 16v (X12XE) Replacement

Tools You Will Need:

• E10 Female Torx Socket (3/8 drive) (Halfords - £3.99)
  • Small Flat Blade Screwdriver
  • 10mm Spanner
  • Small Fingers

Total Cost:

• Sensor = £33 (Shop around though)
  • E10 Female Torx Socket = £3.99
  • TOTAL = £37

Time Required:

• 15 minutes (max, took me about 3 minutes)

Step 1:

Using the 10mm spanner, undo the positive terminal of the battery.

Step 2:

Locate the sensor. The camshaft sensor is on the left hand side of the engine, near the top towards the back. Theres no need to remove the airbox if your fingers are small enough.

Step 3:

Remove the 3-pin sensor plug from the back of the sensor. It's fairly stiff and you might need to grab one of your small flatblade screwdrives to help you prise the clip off the plug. It looks like this when disconnected.

Step 4:

Attach your E10 Female Torx Socket to your ratchet of choice and undo the star headed bolt holding the sensor in, theres only one bolt and its glaringly obvious as soon as you locate the sensor itself.

Step 5:

Once the bolt has been removed, you can simply pull the old sensor out of the hole. It'll be a bit tight as it's most likely caked in old oil and it also has an O-ring around it to seal the gap. This is what our old one looked like :shocked:

And this is what the sensor hole looks like.

To show in relation to other parts where the sensor is, this pic might help.

Step 6:

Get your new sensor out of the box, lovely and shiney.

Step 7:

Push the sensor into the hole, reverse of removal basically. Line the bolt hole up and insert the bolt, do it up to a reasonably tight level. Dont hang off the end of it but make sure it won't rattle undone. Theres probably some technical torque settings it's meant to be done up to, but lets face it, tight is tight, end of.

Once its back in, push the 3-pin sensor plug back onto the back of the sensor. Reconnect the battery using the 10mm spanner. Flick ignition on, check theres no warning lights, fire the car up, take it for a drive.

Problem solved.

Dave :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Great guide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick Query??

Hi

Regarding this tutorial (which looks great), if and when I undo the +ve connection to the battery, will I need my radio code, or is undoing one terminal ok?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Hi

Regarding this tutorial (which looks great), if and when I undo the +ve connection to the battery, will I need my radio code, or is undoing one terminal ok?

Thanks
Depends how long you leave it off. From my experience, if the radio go's back in quick enough it doesn't ask for a code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been reading this post as my corsa c 1.2 keeps showing a camshaft sensor fault, I've had the timing chain replaced, but within days, the same code came back, the mechanic has suggested changing the sensor, I am unable to view the pics, any idea why

1 - 5 of 5 Posts