All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Changing Bulb Behind The Cigarette Lighter
Quick tutorial on how to change the bulb behind your cigarette lighter - whether its for replacing a blown one or adding a coloured LED.

Tools
Philips Screwdriver (easiest to use one with short handle)

Step 1

Open up the compartment where your cigarette lighter is.

Step 2

At the top inside the compartment you will see 2 screws - undo both of them

Step 3

Underneath with compartment closed there is another 2 screws - undo both of them and the compartment is now free from dash.

Step 4

At the back you will see 2 plugs with wires coming out of them - take both plugs off and the compartment is now free to work on.

Step 5

Looking at the back you will see the main cigarette lighter cylinder and then a smaller cylinder. Look at the smaller cylinder and you will see it has a white bit going round it and one area of the white part has a hole which is used to hold in that cylinder (cylinder itself has a small peg which goes into that hole). Using your finger or something flat wedge that bit of white plastic out slightly, pull at cylinder and it will come out. Hole in the white plastic bit can be seen in pic below:

Step 6

Now with that cylinder in your hand you will see the bulb (286 push in wedge type). Replace it with your new one, place back in compartment, put plugs back on and turn on ignition to check it lights up.

Step 7

When happy that all is working screw compartment back onto the dash

Result

I replaced with a red LED purchased from UltimateMods (Mark) on here.

Cost
Cost of a bulb/LED

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
I can't have light any more, I use that output to run grill lights and novelty horn so it dont matter if i forget to turn em off, good tutorial though!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good tutorial Steve.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
thanks for this, i tried this on my own and think i broke it, but still works, i tried adding neons and power stopped, il have a look at the connections tonight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does the LED just slot in or do you have to solder it or can you buy a push in one like the one that is removed? this is probably a stupid question but im new to this and have no idea.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Grille lights and novelty horn?

Me wants to see!
I used to have it and a bit more, sold the car now :laugh:
I had blue nightrider style grill lights (they pulse from side to side), blue lit washer jets, blue headrest pillar lights, blue neon kit and a siren/animal noise thing with a microphone, ahh the fun times I had with those...

Bit chavvy though looking back...

edit: didn't realise I was replying to a v old post - someone obviously resurected it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts