All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Good wee guide that Lee - did brakes etc when i did a weeks work experience at school for a Renault garage but that was a good few years ago so that was a good refresher. :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would've if I could afford it. No doubt there will be plenty more tutorials to come once I can afford some fancy parts.

·
Registered
408 Posts
why bother touching the bleed valve? the piston will go back without it by using a piston spreader (tenner from machine mart) or whats commonly known as a big feck off screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why bother touching the bleed valve? the piston will go back without it by using a piston spreader (tenner from machine mart) or whats commonly known as a big feck off screwdriver.
Just an easy method, stops your brake fluid reseviour overflowing aswell if your fluid is topped right up prior to doing the pads.
I've also heard that pushing the piston back in and forcing fluid along the pipes can knacker up the abs system.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
why bother touching the bleed valve? .
Stops it all pissing out of the brake resevoir and going all over the place

Can i just add, never let the caliper suspend on the brake hose it should always be supported, what i do is to tie a bit of string to the suspension spring and onto the caliper so just incase you drop it or it slips it wont fall and damage the pipe, and put the wheel under the car as an extra precaution so that if it falls off the jack/axlestand it doesnt smash your brakes if it falls :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may get to doing one soon as I need to put some new ones on mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a Tip.

Hello all,

I would also recommend that people use Loctite Lock 'n Seal (243/271) or other Thread-locker on the caliper retaining bolts when refitting it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
oww my god! :mad: them two ****ing bolts are rite *******s to get off! there so tight! i managed to get one new set of pads in but i cant undo one of the bolts on the second caliper! i need to invest in a tool kit! can get a hex socket set from most garages cant i

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I need to do Discs on my corsa. I done discs, pads and callipers on my dads Jag XJ8 and mates dads Volvo S40 T4 so should be quite simple this time.. I hope lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm planning on servicing my Corsa 1.0 (03) - I've done about 35,000 on the same brake discs and shoes. I can't see anything wrong with them, but does anyone know how long brake discs and shoes normally last?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 58 Posts