All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right I've been asked/told (however you want to put it lol) to do a 'How To' guide on de-badging your car. So here is a few steps on how to do it.

NB: Please note that photos will be added at a later stage

Equipment Needed
  • HairDryer or Warm Water
  • Old Credit/Top Up Card
  • Bug & Tar Remover
  • Either Polishing Mop Or Toffee Wheel & Drill

Step 1
Get your hairdryer or Warm water and heat up the badge that you want off. Do this for a couple of minutes but don't leave the hairdryer in one position (might damage paintwork)

Step 2
Now with the part thats been heated up get your trusty old credit/top up card and use it as a 'priser tool' so it lifts the badge up and off (repeat for other badges)

Step 3
Now with the badges removed get your polish* and your Polishing mop* and go over where the badges used to be and after a few minutes the glue would of gone and it'll look like brand new.

To get the Vauxhall/Opel Badge off the boot lock surround please follow this tutorial --> Click Me {that is to take the surround off so its easier to get the badge off} and follow This One to get the badge off and get it back on again

*NB;Where * are related it doesn't mean you have to use polish in this instance you can use bug & tar remover (available at most car shops) and as for the Polishing mop i did say that as it would be easier or you could get an old cloth and scrub away (will have muscles like popeyes when finished).

Before

After

Hope this Tutorial helps any problems Pm me. :)

Thankyou Josh for the extra Links and Thankyou Demon for the Photos.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
nice Tutorial

add some before and after shots

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
nope there stuck on too.

no holes. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
it took about 1 hour ,just got to get the rest of the sticky stuff off tomorrow,and somehow blend the red strip in with the rest of my pinky car:laugh:any advice would be much appreciated,thanks:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Help needed asap

Ahhh i started to De-Badge my Car today but i have hit a big problem i was removing the long side stip and i rip half of the paint work off under it so now it all pink what do i need to fix it :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
what did you use to take it off?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lol look like it now hehe

I did what you lot said bit of Warm Water it stated to come off then i pulled it off slowly then it took some of my top layer of paint work off so there little pink stop on my car now lol

One side when ok so it half done lol

is there anyway to get this sorted..

·
Registered
351 Posts
somebody did suggest thinners but i thought that may have took the paint of aswell but if it works then do it i think this should be a must do mod for everybody

1 - 20 of 70 Posts