All Corsa Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Any ideas as to how to get these back on? I took mine off and on the passenger side I have a little bluw sort of line where I took a bit of the paint away :/

Drivers side went fine, any ideas how much a bodyshop would charge to fix the line?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Just read that the blue line is because of condensation or something and a hairdryer/heat gun will warn it up and take it away?

This true?

If so hair dryer will be coming out tomorrow ^^

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Mwhahahahahaha

Extension lead and hairdryer tomorrow here we come :p

Thanks for the confirmation Danny, I was getting a bit worried and was about to put them back on, but I looked and I definetly didnt peel any paint off so I think it was a bit wierd ^^

Thanks again top man (Y)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Ok well a hair dryer is worth a go haha, at least I know it will eventually come off and if i do get a heat gun it will go (Y). I guess you jsut have to stop once it starts getting a little hot

·
Registered
83 Posts
instead of using petrol and and a scraper you can also buy a tool that we use in the paintshop called a caramel/toffee wheel (called this due to smell) which is a drill bit that removes adhesives etc without damaging the paint and is a good little tool if you do this often.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Picture of the good de bumpstrip :D (Ignore the bonnet and the monster gap between steelies and arch haha)

Here is the picture of the condensation/fail that happened, haven't got a chance to use a hair dryer on it yet. Does not look like paint has came off at all.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Just to confirm the hairdryer works, mine kept cutting out cause of overheating and because its a poop one.

Got halfway done :) and still have a bit of excess glue that needs to be gotten rid of but other then that its all good :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have attemted this and followed the tutorials, tried everything including hot water, tar remover, heat gun and literally put in hours of work for one section! yet the glue will hardly budge and I have only got about half of it off. Can anyone confirm a toffee wheel would be able to do a better job at this before I buy one ? Or il have to stick the trim back on :(

EDIT:Scratch that, I have found a way it just requires alot of elbow grease!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Used this method and worked a treat how ever being a professional Valeter and detailer I wouldn't use petrol on the paint work as it can ruin the pain.

Alternatively TAR & GLUE remover will work just fine as you can see from mine, didn't get round to buffing and tcut the rain decided to set in :(

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.