·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Mark.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
cool lee, im going to drill my box and de-restrict it hehe, i dont like text talk either little lee! :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's just when some of the post's become unreasonable to read. The odd abreviation here and there isn't a problem. It's when every other word is text talk.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i had a pipercross on my corsa, and it killed my mass airflow meter and made the emisions through the roof. put standard airbox back on and got a new airflow meter. if i derestrict or drill my airbox, will i have the same problem with the airflow meter cos o fthe ammount of air geting in?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i have the ecotec engine, i drilled mine an it didnt effect it one bit, trial an error im afraid

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mines a 1.6 ecotech and again it's fine. I personally can't see how drilling or de-restricting your airbox will break your air sensor but it's up to you if you want to do it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope I don't think you would notice anything at all on the 1.2.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had a cone filter on my old 1.2 8v for a while (cheapy ripspeed thing) and it didnt seem to make any difference at all, which is what I expected as I just wanted the induction noise. But after a while I put the standard airbox back on and the car felt like it was holding back, so I can't help thinking it did make a tiny difference, admittedly it was a very tiny difference, so small that I'm not sure if I imagined it or not lol, but it definitely did feel like it was being held back a bit, didn't feel quite as lively with the standard airbox. Looking forward to getting a good quality cone filter for my 1.6, hoping it should make a bit of difference and hopefully more of an induction noise than a 1.2 lol.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nooooo don't do it Lee.
Get a k&n panel filter and drill the airbox. You will not regret it at all, you get all the benefits of the induction kit, without the flatspots and also keep your engine bay looking nice and tidy.
I'm getting a better phone for xmas so I'll record the sound of mine for you, you'll be suprised how good they sound.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts