All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now i read around as many forums as i could after i failed at trying to tug the standard gear knob off and the only info i found was keep trying or hack it off...
But theres an easier way =]

All you need is three bits of wood and two people. . .
One big square one that covers your passenger seat
Two long thin pieces, long enough to reach from the middle of the passenger seat to the middle of the driver seat.

Place the square one on the passenger seat and rest the two long ones on it from the drivers side you then use the long ones to pivot under the gear knob.
Get another person to secure the two long pieces onto the square one allowing you to pivot the other end.
Then you just lift the two pieces up with a bit of force from the drivers side and it pops off...

Such a relief after sitting in my car for 20 minutes trying to yank it off.
And this way it took me 10 seconds.

Hope this helps =]

·
Registered
266 Posts
i just twisted and pulled and it eventually came off.

concentrate on twisting it a little bit to loosen it and then once it gets a bit looser just give it a hard tug

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
i got my old man to just pull it lol laughed like mad when he eventually pulled it off whilst using so much force BANG smacked his head on the roof ! lol!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
i beleive so, not sure about the 6speed gear boxes though? but theyre not in corsas anyway :p
They still have lift up reverse, as I have one :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah the same to my knowledge i think all corsa's do as my mates corsa C does aswell. In my mums old Mazda before she got her Celica in stead of lifting you had to push the gear stick down before you could push it across.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Me neither and I have done 3

·
Registered
441 Posts
So, let me see if I got this right,
First drive to a diy store to buy wood, and then drive home.
Then cut wood to size , and then start the procedure?hmmmmmmmmm
I have managed to pop my knob off before now without wood!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.