All Corsa Forum banner

How to fit a Cupra R splitter!

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Bradders 
#1 ·
First off, What you will need;
- Drill
- Self taping screws (number plate screws will do)
- Hack saw
- Masking tape

Ok, sorry but can't get the pictures up so gonna do my best here.
STEP ONE
- Remove bumper and remove original splitter.
STEP TWO
-Get your saw (no going back now), where the old splitter comes out, there's a U shape at the bottom of the bumper for it to fit into, you need to cut it so your left with a flat edge along the bottom of the bumper! (So the splitter will fit onto the bottom flush.
STEP THREE
-mark the centre of the splitter and bumper, line them up and masking tape it there, you may need to cut the clips on the bumper to get it to fit, I think I cut 2 in the end!
STEP FOUR
-drill pilot holes along the splitter, don't be shy you want a nice tight fit, now screw in the screws
STEP FIVE
-Trim the excess splitter off each side of the bumper.

TIP' DON'T BUY A SPLITTER OFF EBAY!
I got a brand new genuine splitter from work at 31 pounds (work at VW) so ring your nearest dealer and haggle it, you'll get one for cheaper than ebay.

See less See more
#12 ·
thanks for trying people, had the same problem could only find them on corsa c's ah well, i like the look of your splitters bradders, most of the laguna ones ive seen on corsa's dont seem to look right but yours does.
think if i find one cheep i'll get it and see what it looks like :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.