All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tutorial of how to fit a "Lights-on Warning Buzzer" if you do not already have on fitted.

Tools

- Phillips screwdriver
- Soldering Iron and Solder
- Wire stripper
- Stanley knife
- Electrical Tape

Parts
- Buzzer Relay

First open the fuse box and plug in the relay. It fits in the relay port 3 from the left on the bottom row of relays labelled VI. If you are unsure on which port it is, look on the back of the fuse box cover and it will have a picture of a light and a horn telling you which port it is.

Then open the driver's side door and undo the screw holding the door switch on. And pull it out of its hole.

Pull the connector off the switch and then continue to pull the wire out of the hole. Taped too the wire should be a blue wire with another connector on it. Connect this wire too the switch and cut the connector off the grey wire and strip the wire insulation so you have bare wire showing. Then strip a section out of the blue wire and solder the grey wire too the blue wire and then insulate it with electrical tape.

Then put the switch back in place and secure with the screw.

Done!

Cost
- £3ish for the relay from the scrappy

Dan :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
good tutorial although if you dont have soldering iron get one of these takes 2 seconds

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Was going to be this soon as i get the relay from the scrappy with some other bits. Good post.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to do this but no scrapyards round here have any buzzer relays -.-
Pain in the arse. If anyone has a spare let me know ;) good tutural anyway mate thanks

-Rocksta
I have another Corsa one and one from an Astra, both work if you interested?

Dan :)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Easy.

Pin 31b - Ground (Goes to the door pin)
Pin 30 - Constant Live
Pin 15 - Switched Live/Ignition Live

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Goes to *any* switched live.
If you mean the cable that gives 12v when headlights are on only, then no, thats not a switched live.
Poke a voltmeter on the back of existing relays to find a switched live with the ignition on. When you find one, turn ignition off. If the voltage goes to 0v then its switched live. Or you can wire one from the back of the headunit, but for the sake of neatness i would do it from the fusebox

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks for sending me out one of your spare relays Daniel, really appreciate it mate.

Just a question for the people discussing not having the wiring in the fusebox, It goes to a switched live because the circuit is only completed when the doors are opened with the key in, it is not completed when it recieves voltage from a headlight feed only, otherwise it would sound the whole time the headlights were switched on.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry mate. Any chance you got another one? Ive had problems with the car. Getting a new one so would like to install this ^^
-Rocksta
Sorry bud, just gave the last one away :(

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just thought I'd add that to save time splicing/soldering whatever, if you get the door switch from a car that has the lights on buzzer it actually has 2 connectors as opposed to the 1 that is shown above, so basically a case of plugging the other wire in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Buzzer relay - one wire.

I was going to fit a buzzer relay and found i've only got one grey wire behind the door sensor switch - does this mean i can't fit one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not long done this and have found a problem, the buzzer reacts when i open the passenger door and turn on the interior light (When the lights are on). Could this be because i have only connected the constant live and not the switched as well.

Thanks for any help

P.s. I have also tested with different lives from the headlight switch

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Old post I know, but I got a PM regarding it.
What you need is an 'Engine live' that gives 12v only when enginer is running. There is one in the drivers kick panel.
I'll try get a more detailed tutorial up tomorrow if I get time as Im gonna replace my one

Reactions: sanandreas21

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Off the top of my head I cant remember how its wired up properly now, I dont think my old post above is 100% accurate - i'll have to check tomorrow and report back to you all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts