All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Tutorial is to fit Central Locking to a 3dr Corsa B, without electric windows.

First of all you need to by the Hawk Central Locking System, this is for a 4dr version, but I just left to of the motors off and worked fine. (will be similar with other aftermarket central locking kits).

Part 1.
Get System.

Part 2.
Go to car and open door. ( This it the passenger side door because all my wires and stuff are behind the door card on drivers side didn't want 2 mess with that again lol)

Part 3.
Unscrew the plastic bottom of the door. And slide down/off.

to this

Part 4.
Unclick the top part of the arm rest by pushing upwards.

Part 5.
Unscrew the rest of the arm rest.

to this

Part 6.
Unscrew the two screws on the side of the door card.

Part 7.
Remove the inner wing mirror knob and push upward to remove the inner plastic.

Part 8.
Remove the rubber window holder.

Part 9.
Unscrew last door card screw.

Part 10.
Remove the door card from clips.

Part 11.
Pop the door knob out of the hole.

Part 12.
Twitched the door car ( I couldn't get the window winder handle off so I just did that)

Part 13.
Pull weather proofing SLOWLY off (not all though just the corner we need)

Part 14.
Screw the motor to the door, there should be a hole in the door that's not being used! If not you will have to use the metal pieces that are in the kit.

Part 15.
Attach the central locking rod to the door locking rod.

Part 16.
Poke a little hole in the weather proofing and put wires in.

Part 17.
Put door card back on, make sure the door Knob fits back in the hole and locks and unlocks. Then screw the top left screw to make sure the wire is ok ( I just wired mine without going inside the rubber part (quicker and just wanted to see if it works, might change when get bored)

and here

Part 18.
Do the same for the driver's side door, but u end up with some extra wires. (because when u lock you car door with the key, it will automatically lock the passengers door also.)

wires are NOT on show

Part 19.
Fit wires to battery

and here

Part 20.
TEST!!

I've missed out the part about clicking the motor wires to the prosscer unit but that is just a simple click in J and takes about 2hrs (first time) it fit. enjoy

Cost
About £30 incl delivery.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Fantastic tutorial.

I've just edited the text into bold etc just to make it a slight bit easier to read.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just what I needed!! Been thinking of doing this but didn't have a clue where to start.. might have to give it a go now. Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
nice one

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
lol and i paid 120 a door for my central locking hahahahahaha i got raped :)
That is steep. I only paid £100 for both my doors on my old Corsa.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I used this guide to do mine.
I think i did mine a bit tidier, i removed the window winders. I managed to get my wires going behind the hinge then into the grommet, and I rapped them in electrical tape so it all looks a bit nicer.
I’ve not tidied all the wires inside my car yet though. And am yet to mount the receiver.
The other thing that is not mentioned, if you get this kit make sure the brown and white wires do not touch, because if they do, they open/close your locks. They are intended for your alarm, and as i have none, when they touch this is the outcome.

Good tutorial though mate, i found it quiet helpful :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
well corsa boy bought the same kit.

and we fitted it earlier today, and i must say how easy it was to fit.

and the range on it is good.

just a quick question, what wires would we connect to the indicators to make them flash.

there is a brown and a white wire, i dont know what they are labled as i dont have the instructions here.

we also replaced the fooked standard speakers with fli speakers and they looked snazzy untill the covers went back on :S

unfortunately he doesnt have a sterio in the car as of yet.

so we cant test them..

i sugest that anyone who wants to have remote central locking in their car buy a hawk central locking kit and follow these instructions as its soo easy and is snazzy.

unfortunatley we cant fit it to the boot to lock it and unlock it.

anyone got an idea would be great if you posted here.

Cheers.

jackassuk56

·
Registered
498 Posts
the brown and white wires are to connect to an alarm, which would make the indicators blink, so i dont think you'll have any luck with that.
And it isnt meant for a bootlock :p

But yes, very easy to fit in a corsa

·
Registered
16 Posts
we could make it work on a boot but i dont have any time to make any fixtures and fittings.

all the boot lock is is a disk with cutouts and a little bar that gets pushed.

so if we make one thing that spins that it would work.

anyway i will have to think about it.

jackassuk56

1 - 20 of 154 Posts