All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Just connected mine using this guide, very useful! Loving the laziness of just pressing a button to unlock my door now. ^_^

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Hawk is VERY easy to fit, can be a bit fiddly if you want it done properly. But, still easy.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
If you get the Hawk system, it comes with diagrams on how to connect the wires up and how to connect the thingy to the door. Thats what i went off, and i just drilled my pastic loom thing to allow the wires through, very easy.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've just ordered the Hawk kit, plan on fitting it as soon as it arrives (Corsa B, 3 door). I'm sure this guide will prove very useful.

It's my frst car and I've not done anything of the sort before. Whilst I'm waiting on the delivery, can anyone suggest any tools/components I may need to get the job done (that's not provided in the kit)? Any advice/info gratefully appreciated.

On an unrelated note (sorry), I have a number of dents on the rear side panel that could possibly be pushed out from the inside. Any idea how I can remove the rear interior panel? I had the seat out when fitting some covers and managed to pop off about 1/2 the panel, but the back of the seat was preventing it from going any further. Can you remove the back of the seat? If so, is it difficult?
Screw Driver...
Drill, with 3.5mm head i think...
Plyers...
Mascing tape.
Patiance...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have all of the above, so we should be good to go. I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow as I'm off work. Weather permitting, I should be able to get it all set up. My wiring/electrical skills are lacking, but I'm hoping that won't be too much of a problem.

I assume you meant electrical tape as opposed to masking tape, right?
Well, can use that. I used mascing tape... And i used normal tape to wrap around my CPU/wires going into it as i've put it under my bonnet... So, it will probally get wet. But it's rained loads of times since and it's been fine. But mine was a quick botch job. But worked perfectly.

And with HAWK you do get some sort of wiring diagram. It's all just plug and play anyway. Simple. Hardest part is gettin' it all in position and hiding the wires etc.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Just had a nose in the fusebox. All disused sockets are empty, except the central locking port which has 2 silver split pins poking out. Is this of any significance?

I had a peek in the rubber grommet thing also. In the door side, there are only two wires. I haven't checked the car side yet as I can't figure out how to get into it..:cool:

Will it show me how to connect it up to the fuse box in the HAWK instructions? I certainly hope so. :laugh:
Don't have too touch fusebox.

And that rubber thing joining the doors, it does come off. And the wires are for your speakers. What i did, was drill a hole in the plastic once i unconnected them and then put the wires through there. Pain in the arse, but you can't see my wires now and it's all consealed/watertight.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I think you need an alarm to wire up for the signals to flash upon locking/unlocking.

And the Hawk Remote Central locking is easy to fit. Worse part is dis-mantling the door.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Also does this work for a car which doesnt have central lockign as standard/?
Yes, you get everything to convert normal key locking to central locking/remote locking also.

Mine was totally standard, now it's Remote Central Locking. It's easy to do. Takes some time to do 1 door. And 20 mins to do the other.

Reactions: Ozisonfire

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm probably gonna finally pull my finger out and get my central locking in this weekend, just out of curiosity where did you connect it for power?

and any one got pics of this?
It connects straight to the battery, 1 simple wire.

Thankyou and how much do these cost>????And where would you get them from??

Thanks
Mine cost £12 off ebay for a Hawk set ( think it was on sale )

This includes, 4 poppers for each door, 1 main one for drivers 3 normal ones. CPU box, all wires needed and 2 key fobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.