All Corsa Forum banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Also does this work for a car which doesnt have central lockign as standard/?
Yes, you get everything to convert normal key locking to central locking/remote locking also.

Mine was totally standard, now it's Remote Central Locking. It's easy to do. Takes some time to do 1 door. And 20 mins to do the other.

Reactions: Ozisonfire

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm probably gonna finally pull my finger out and get my central locking in this weekend, just out of curiosity where did you connect it for power?

and any one got pics of this?
It connects straight to the battery, 1 simple wire.

Thankyou and how much do these cost>????And where would you get them from??

Thanks
Mine cost £12 off ebay for a Hawk set ( think it was on sale )

This includes, 4 poppers for each door, 1 main one for drivers 3 normal ones. CPU box, all wires needed and 2 key fobs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Really easy finished this afternoon, as nickeh.88 said once you've done door the next one is dead easy.

Now will start the Hawk Alarm that i got iwth the central locking kit, any one got or know of a tutorial? ive got some instructions and i can roughly guess what to do but some pics to confirm would be awesome \m/

·
Registered
10 Posts
quick question when grounding the black wire its alright putting on any part of the car isnt it>? if not would this kill my battery cos i think either thats killing my batt or the batts on its way out

·
Registered
1 Posts
This Tutorial is to fit Central Locking to a 3dr Corsa B, without electric windows.

First of all you need to by the Hawk Central Locking System, this is for a 4dr version, but I just left to of the motors off and worked fine. (will be similar with other aftermarket central locking kits).

Part 1.
Get System.

Part 2.
Go to car and open door. ( This it the passenger side door because all my wires and stuff are behind the door card on drivers side didn't want 2 mess with that again lol)

Part 3.
Unscrew the plastic bottom of the door. And slide down/off.

to this

Part 4.
Unclick the top part of the arm rest by pushing upwards.

Part 5.
Unscrew the rest of the arm rest.

to this

Part 6.
Unscrew the two screws on the side of the door card.

Part 7.
Remove the inner wing mirror knob and push upward to remove the inner plastic.

Part 8.
Remove the rubber window holder.

Part 9.
Unscrew last door card screw.

Part 10.
Remove the door card from clips.

Part 11.
Pop the door knob out of the hole.

Part 12.
Twitched the door car ( I couldn't get the window winder handle off so I just did that)

Part 13.
Pull weather proofing SLOWLY off (not all though just the corner we need)

Part 14.
Screw the motor to the door, there should be a hole in the door that's not being used! If not you will have to use the metal pieces that are in the kit.

Part 15.
Attach the central locking rod to the door locking rod.

Part 16.
Poke a little hole in the weather proofing and put wires in.

Part 17.
Put door card back on, make sure the door Knob fits back in the hole and locks and unlocks. Then screw the top left screw to make sure the wire is ok ( I just wired mine without going inside the rubber part (quicker and just wanted to see if it works, might change when get bored)

and here

Part 18.
Do the same for the driver's side door, but u end up with some extra wires. (because when u lock you car door with the key, it will automatically lock the passengers door also.)

wires are NOT on show

Part 19.
Fit wires to battery

and here

Part 20.
TEST!!

I've missed out the part about clicking the motor wires to the prosscer unit but that is just a simple click in J and takes about 2hrs (first time) it fit. enjoy

Cost
About £30 incl delivery.
Hey hows it goin? im new to this so could u please tell me if this system would b worth buying and installing on my R reg corsa as ive done everything else to it apart fae central locking, im no sure if itll work because my car doesnt have central locking as it is many thnx haze87 :confused:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I wired one of these up in my brothers R reg corsa the other day, hardest part I found was getting the actuator rods set up correctly and feeding the wires to the door - did a bit of a bodge job on that one but you can't see it when sat in the car so not too bad. Works pretty well, thinking about tackling wiring it to the boot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
connecting to fusebox

i have recently installed a central locking kit to my five door corsa b 1998 R reg. One last problem is I dont know how to get the fusebox out to connect the power and also dont know how to connect to the fusebox if a do get it out. Help please!!!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's a 6 year old thread.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.