All Corsa Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a quick guide on how to remove the side repeaters and put new ones on?

Is it a case of sliding it off or is it stuck?

If you have clear replacements, what yellow bulbs do you need?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yea just slide repeater forward and pop it out - twist the bit behind repeater to get repeater off the bulb connecter to get access to bulb. Change bulb to an orange one (should come with most new repeaters). Make sure your holding cable connector thing all the time otherwise it can slip back through the hole and then you'll have problems lol. Then put connector onto new repeater and remember to twist connector on again. Then place back in hole of car and slide back into position - job done!

It may have some glue stuff but mine didn't - if it does you'll just need to loosen it with some hot water or something.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quite simple then. I thought u slide them as I was looking to see how it comes off and found it slides one way. But i didnt know and dodnt wanna slide it too far and snap something. So shall i just push harder and it shoudl come off cleanly?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yea just give it a good firm push towards front of car and should come off. Maybe just pour some hot water over it anyway if you find it to hard to budge and that should loosen anything stopping it from moving :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Get some silvatek bulbs aswell, much better than the orange ones you get

·
Registered
5 Posts
i made the mistake of buying "universal fit" clear side repeaters from halfords once, they dont quite fit on the driver side indicator. cause the bulb holders are angled at 45 degrees. that was fun afternoon shaving down and bending plastic :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
around £15 i think, probably could of got them off ebay for a fiver. you can alter them to fit corsas, mine work fine now. lesson learnt, get corsa specific parts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine were £13 delivered from ebay and thy were a straight replica of the yellow ones, mine are clears, all i had to do was slide the old ones off, replace the rubber seal on the new ones and plug them in etc.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Mine were £6 from place called Checkpoint in Aberdeen that ordered them in for me - normally a bit pricey but these were spot on - ordered from Ultra and like elseyjames, were a replica of standard ones.

·
Registered
98 Posts
smoked side repeaters of supernova = £12 :D
just need to get my car back and fit them :)
glad i read this thread as i didnt have a clue how they fitted aswell
thanks lads

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Jesus I'm really happy with the price of mine then - £5.75 delivered for smoked ones with chrome bulbs! And they're a really good fit! If anyone wants a link just ask.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Jesus I'm really happy with the price of mine then - £5.75 delivered for smoked ones with chrome bulbs! And they're a really good fit! If anyone wants a link just ask.
Can you even seen them when they're on during the day time lol?

I put clear crystal ones on mines and with the chrome bulbs they are quite dull in the day...can barely see them.
I've ordered some SMD amber LEDs to make them super bright instead

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Yeah they show up clearly even with the sunlight directly onto them!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Another tip, if the indicator is being a pain to get off, just wrap some masking tape around the end of a screwdriver (so the paint doesnt scratch) and prise it off. I got mine off ebay for like 7 quid.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.