All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, just got my new slatted grille courtesy of pinkferret (thanks) so thought i'd take a few pics of the process of fitting it for the forum.

The only other grill tutorial was from (i think) dearing, which was a mash up on a pre-97 bumper using mesh. Thought i'd do this one to keep it up to date.

You will need:

New post-97 grille
8mm socket for your ratchet OR
8mm spanner
And about 10mins spare ;)

lets go, i'll assume your starting with this...

Step 1:

Pop the bonnet, directly above the grille is two 8mm screws holding it in. Undo these using your socket attatchment or a spanner (or molegrips if you're uber ghetto and cant find your socket set), put them to one side...

Step 2:

You now need to get the old grille out... it has a row of plastic lips on the bottom that clip under the top of the bumper, to get it off, you neet to bend the sides of the grille inwards and hit (quite forcefully) the bottom of the grille to push the plastic tabs off of the bumper. It'll be fairly obvious when you've done this.

Mine was broken, hence the need to get a new one anyway, this is what it looked like:

Step 3:

Grab the new grille, this goes in the same way you took the old one out, but backwards, lol... Slide it in, making sure the sides sit behind the edges of the bumper (not in front) lean the grille forwards and push down so that the plastic tabs on the bottom can get a purchase on the top of the bumper. Pull the grille forwards so that the tabs clip into the bumper.

You'll be at this stage...

Step 4:

Get the two 8mm screws you took out and line the top two tabs up with the holes in your slam panel. If they dont line up, it means you havent clipped the bottom tabs in properly, go back and try again.

Result:

Close the bonnet, stand back, and have a look...

excellent :thumbs_up:

Cost:

Well, nothing apart from the grille, £15 from pinkferret, and 10-15mins of your time, depending on how quickly you can find your socket sets, lol...

Excuse the poor weather, muddy ground, its **** round here when it rains.

:thumbs_up:

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol looks like mine now aha
lol... perhaps we should have identical cars in every way... make it a feature at venues, lmao, that'd be epic... what wheels you got at the moment? im on steelies for the time being, trying to source some decent SRi wheels on the cheap...

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
im actually gutted!!! im gonna be getting another corsa and i cant remember where i got that grille from. £15 was a bargain.
there are a fair few on ebay for £15 delivered :)

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah, £15 was a bargain, at the moment it looks a bit out of place as the rest of the car is standard in every way (on the outside) but it'll change soon enough...

thanks again pinkferret, i defo recommend getting one, and they are a piece of píss to fit

:)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
steelies aswel im getting soft stars think there off a 1.6 sport they are in that calling tactical and watts thread there are 3 of us on here now a girl on another site as joined here and she got the samealloys as im getting its debumbed and been resprayed think she has standard grill thou cant remember

1 - 11 of 11 Posts