All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Thats on hell of a write up mate, on behalf of everyone, Thanks!

Reactions: Raptor-21

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats on hell of a write up mate, on behalf of everyone, Thanks!
Thanks, I wanted it to cover everything involved, didn't quite expect it to be that long though! Formatting it now to make it a bit easier to read and hopefully will get pictures up soon.

Mint right up mate!
Helps to modernise an old interior, now someone needs to figure out how to fit the new style vauxhall centre console
Haha, thank you. Definitely made a difference to my interior as I had the old style airbag steering wheel that was the worst looking thing ever. And I didn't fancy an aftermarket steering wheel without an airbag.

That's an idea, but could be a bit overkill and more trouble than it's worth. But would most definitely make a huge difference if it could be done!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
would this allow other vaux steering wheels (with Radio Control) to be fitted as well?

·
Registered
477 Posts
This is the tutorial i was hoping someone had done lol, only noticed it today.

Ive been keeping my eye on a vectra steering wheel in my local scrapyard.

only thing is though i tried fitting a tigra steering wheel into my car and i did everything like you explained when it comes to disconnecting battery etc and my airbag light is constantly on :\ dunno what to do.

Also do you still have lockwashers and nuts available?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the tutorial i was hoping someone had done lol, only noticed it today.

Ive been keeping my eye on a vectra steering wheel in my local scrapyard.

only thing is though i tried fitting a tigra steering wheel into my car and i did everything like you explained when it comes to disconnecting battery etc and my airbag light is constantly on :\ dunno what to do.

Also do you still have lockwashers and nuts available?
Did you at any time reconnect the battery while the airbag was still disconnected? And did you leave enough time between disconnecting the battery and removing the airbag? Either way, the only way to fix it is to take it to Vauxhall to be reset or to someone you know that has tech2 :( And if it bothers you in the meantime, you can remove the bulb for the airbag light, but don't forget about it, as if you do crash the airbag probably won't go off!

And yes, I do have the lockwashers, 35p each + p&p (50p for 1st or 41p for 2nd) I don't have any nuts as you can re-use the one that you have, if you really need one you can get them for nothing at a scrapyard.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Did you at any time reconnect the battery while the airbag was still disconnected? And did you leave enough time between disconnecting the battery and removing the airbag? Either way, the only way to fix it is to take it to Vauxhall to be reset or to someone you know that has tech2 :( And if it bothers you in the meantime, you can remove the bulb for the airbag light, but don't forget about it, as if you do crash the airbag probably won't go off!

And yes, I do have the lockwashers, 35p each + p&p (50p for 1st or 41p for 2nd) I don't have any nuts as you can re-use the one that you have, if you really need one you can get them for nothing at a scrapyard.
No didnt reconnect the battery at anytime whilst the airbag was disconnected. will either talk to local vaux see how much they want to reset it or i will go to the local scrappers and grab a couple of airbag units and see if any work.

Ill get back to you about the washer when i have got my airbag unit working on my original wheel lol.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No didnt reconnect the battery at anytime whilst the airbag was disconnected. will either talk to local vaux see how much they want to reset it or i will go to the local scrappers and grab a couple of airbag units and see if any work.

Ill get back to you about the washer when i have got my airbag unit working on my original wheel lol.
Hmm, could it be that you connected the wires up wrong? That's the only other thing I can think of. But yeah, go see vaux, and not sure about getting another airbag unit? Haven't heard of anyone doing that to fix the problem, since you already have the airbag light on, I can't see any harm giving it a go. Let us know if it works :)

And yeah, that's not a problem, just pm me when/if you need it.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
ive got a merit atm, so doesnt have an airbag, is there a way of adding the airbag in? would it just have to be there without working?
You'd be looking at a hell of a lot of work, the airbag itself is just the tip of the iceburg.
Shouldn't be a problem with it just being there and not working though, unless maybe theres an MOT issue with non-functioning airbags?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive got a merit atm, so doesnt have an airbag, is there a way of adding the airbag in? would it just have to be there without working?
Pretty much what dannyboolahl said, it's next to impossible to retro fit an airbag system in a car that doesn't have one, and defiantly not something that should be done by someone that doesn't know what they're doing.

As for M.O.Ts, airbags aren't tested, so it is ok to have a non-functioning airbag. (You will only fail an M.O.T is you have an airbag warning light on in the dash)

So it's fine to fit the wheel as per the instructions above and just leave the airbag disconnected and obviously you won't need to worry about de-activating the airbag system or fiddling with the wires associated with the airbag.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
fyi, vauxhall, or any manufacturer does not recommend cutting and soldering any airbag/srs system. this tutorial is entirely at your own risk, and if your found to have modified the airbag/srs system, your insurance may be invalidated. also your airbag may not operate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.