Tools:
flathead screw driver
sciccors (can't spell lol)
hack saw or just the blade
body filler - £5
bumper primer - £5.50
bumper paint - £5.50

Step 1:
slide the screw driver in behind the front grill (with the badge on) an slowly prise apart the plastic trim behind it.....

Step 2:
now with the trim off, saw down the side as pictured and along underneath the badge.....

Step 3:
right now undo the top bolts for the bimper and headlights.....

sorry haven't got a pic for the next steps but there straight forward.

Step 4:
now with the bolts all undone, and the headlight all loose and the top part of the bumper.

Step 5:
slide the grill in behind, make sure you make some holes in the mesh for the bolts to go through!

Step 6:
with mesh in place tighten up the bumper an lights again an were nearly there lol!

now, you will be left with a hole after sawing out the old grill, but now all the mesh is in all you have to worry about is filling where the old one was!

mix it all up as it says, then put some big blobs in the bottom of the hole, an start building it up, once its quite high put some left over mesh in there an build on top of that! (dont use to much hardener)

when done smooth over with sandpaper an then spray over which you must of done some spraying at some point!

should look like.........

and thats it, finished product should look pretty neat, oh dont worry about the holes at the end of the bimper because you dont really notice them!

i might of missed some steps out, if i have just ask!! :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial dearing.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
hmmm its a good step-by-step but still unsure with step 2and3 and with no pics for the other stages aint really wanting to attempt it:(

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Can i just add, thats for post 97 bumpers, pre 97 the grille is seperate for the bumper and screwed onto the cross member so its just a case of unbolting it :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Can u add to the tutroial and jus go into a bit more detail and pic 2 is to close up i dont know where to cut and stuff

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Step 2, and 4,5,6 when it includes using filler and paint, it could do with pics as these are the hardest parts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Can i just add, thats for post 97 bumpers, pre 97 the grille is seperate for the bumper and screwed onto the cross member so its just a case of unbolting it :)
you got that the wrong way round ;)

pre 97 grille is attached to bumper, post 97(v grille) grille is seperate from bumper :)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry guys been at work, i didnt have the camera when i was actually doing it, so its a bit hard to get pics when i have already done it, you will soon see what i mean when you cut out the grill

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i will get some more pics if you really want? i never used filler before but its simple if you read the instructions!!!!!!!

oh and when you have got that trim off the grille, you can see where it is attached to the bumper. also you need to saw right underneath the badge, i will draw a picture lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I know what you mean dearing, I remember it on my old bumper.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its not hard to explain it just sounds confusing to some, and i cant think how else to explain other then try it, tou cant go wrong seriously

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol, i find it bit tricky on the comp drawing! :D can you see what i mean yet?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey dearing,

Can this be done to my car then? will the cut mark between where you have to cut be seen when the bonnets down?

also where'd you get the metal grille from?

Thanks,

Aidan.
Hey Aidan,

Yes this can eb done to your car and the idea of the painting after the filer is so it won;t be seen!

Also teh grill is just mesh availabel from near enough any good car place!

I think i payed 12 quid for a sheet of decent stuff just look arround!

Corsaboy aka Shr3k

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yes this can eb done to your car and the idea of the painting after the filer is so it won;t be seen!
Thanks!,
Spraying my bumper soon anyway so im gonna give this one a go then :)

ill look round some car shops see if i can find any small pieces of mesh that'll fit it then fit it all on :D

Aidan.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts