All Corsa Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just done mine (handbrake gaitor) Found that if you release the handbrake (keep your foot on the foot brake so you dont roll off) then poke your finger under the carpet to the rear of the hand brake until you can feel the plastic suround then gently prise is out of the carpet, then do the same down both sides as far as you can, then pull the handbrake up and do the same until the surround is completely out of the carpet.

Found it easier to pull it over the handbrake lever rather than try to remove the handle. Once removed follow the intructions for the gearstick gaitor fitting and then simly reverse what you did to remove it.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
No need to staple to the carpet mate, just staple it to the plastic surround at the bottom

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I tried a pounbdland one but staples wouldn't go through leaher so bought a quid one from tesco and worked fine, its in now (tight squeeze) just need to doi handbrake gaiter now while I'll spraying part of bonnet

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just done mine (pics on project thread) Gear stick was ok, bit of force required to persuade it over the knob (getting old one off and new one on). Standard stapler was fine.

Handbrake took a lot of fiddling and finger bending to get out, releasing lever helped with this, and also managed to persuade it over the existing handle too. Couldn't staple this one tho so used gaffer tape, enough to hold it on but not enough to be visible once tucked under the carpet :D

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Just done mine (pics on project thread) Gear stick was ok, bit of force required to persuade it over the knob (getting old one off and new one on). Standard stapler was fine.

Handbrake took a lot of fiddling and finger bending to get out, releasing lever helped with this, and also managed to persuade it over the existing handle too. Couldn't staple this one tho so used gaffer tape, enough to hold it on but not enough to be visible once tucked under the carpet :D
Why didn't you remove the gear knob?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.