All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok before i explaine this whole simple process drain out and clean the radiator if you have to
step 1: pour coolant in the radiator slowly into the tank
step 2: after reaching the right amount of level of coolant, leave the radiator cap open
step 3: ok now is the part where you start the car and leave it on for a while and let the coolant heat up
step 4: after a while you will notice that in the radiator tank starts to bubble a little. don't worry about this just keep it up for a little longer till it stops to bubble(in a way we call this "burping")
step 5:close the radiator cap and your done

removing the radiator cap and leaving it off while while the car is on, and letting the coolant heat up will prevent any back pressure when removing airlocks

NOTE: to watch coolant level as it will drop as the thermostat starts to heat up. and keep an eye on the tempature when the fan comes on, on the tempature it's supose to

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I'd just like to add that when doing this you will need to top up with water slowly a few times as the water level will drop as the thermostat begins to warm up and open.

Keep an eye on tempretures as well and ensure the fan comes on when it should if applicable

·
Registered
190 Posts
I apologise if someone has mentioned this already.

When I change the coolent on a motorbike i also squeeze the hozes while the engine is running with the radiator cap off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts