All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Postby matty101
A Guide to removing your centre console.

slide a small screw driver down behind the vent and lever them down till they pop and you can access the screws behind.

like so.... next remove the two screws (might be a good idea to close the vent thingy at the back to avoid loosing your screws)
once you've done this the top clock and temp display should just lift off.

next you should remove the all the heater dials, most of them should just pull off apart from the middle one where you will have to insert a small screw driver in to a small hole on the underside and wiggle it about until the dial comes loose.

the sliding bar at the bottom simply prises off gently with a screw driver as does the hazzard light switch.
once you have removed all these it should look like this

the final thing you must do before you can remove it is unscrew the 2 screws at the bottom.
Once this is done you should be able to pull the front panel off. leaving you to either replace your bulbs or paint it etc.

once done the only thing left to do is replace everything in the opposite order.

**be warned on earlier model corsas there is an additional 2 screws on the rear of the console above where the bulbs go that hold the heater ducting**

Many thanks to matty101 and www.Corsa-B.co.uk for sharing this guide.

·
Registered
34 Posts
good guide !

i was just wondering though, what happens when you pull the centre unit away from the heater vent, and out of its clips kinda' sortof... by accident :/ hah

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Clip it back in

·
Registered
34 Posts
could help x]

yeah i managed to get it back in but now my window demister doesnt blow, and the blow selector sounds like its catching on something, done a bad job on this i must say

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If you removed any of the metal cables, make sure you put them back correctly and in the right place.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
i got this far but couldnt work out where the bulbs were?

obviously i can see the two in the pic but how do i get them out and are they the only two bulbs behind there, i'm sure theres some for the actual nobs too?

can anyone shed any light on this, was a bitch to get of tbh and then couldnt get it back in properly i'm hoping everything still works haha

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Theres 2 bulbs behind it, and 1 bulb in the center dial accessed from the front of the panel IIRC.

Reactions: youngsezer

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.