All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to go pick myself up an angle grinder today because I always need one but never have one.

What is the best way to sue one to remove paint from a car for the purpose of welding onto bare metal or for creating a good earth point?

Ie, I dont want to cut holes into the car, but want to get at the metal.

What attachment would I need?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a wire wheel fitment.
Brass one should be good enough for paint and most rust.

I have a few of these but when I used them they had very little effect in all honesty.
Saying that, mine have a spindle that attach to my drill (big beast of a drill, not a small hand drill - cost around £400) but I doubt even that drill gets fast enough to strip paint - although it does make some nice sparks with that attachment :)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went and picked up a 2nd hand grinder for £15, a steel wool attachment like you showed me for £5, and a new cutting disc for £1.50

Will try them out later

Need to find a way of removing the old disc first since it didnt come with the weird spanner/fork thing

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If you have a pair of grips/gland pliers, they should work.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found this for £3 - will go buy it a bit later

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flap disc - I heard good things about those too - will grab one when I get the wrench in a minute :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.