All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
May just have to do that when I get my car back and have fitted an Induction kit.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Removed pointless posts seeing as this is about how to reset the ECU only.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I personally think mine does need a resetting, if I fired her up from cold, she would idle at around 1100/1200 revs. Quick punch of the throttle and she would then settle down to about 800revs

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like your auto choke on. Mine does it, sits at about 1200 revs until it warms up then drops to 800.

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks lee i had a problem with my 3cyl ecotec engine it came up with a fault code saying it was a p0505 idle control so me being me read the manual and got the new part put the part in and still had the same problem i know the manual said you have to re set the ecu i never did it cos i never knew how so fingers crossed it should go like a wee rocket again he he thanks all for the great information yehaaaaa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mines starting to mess about so I'll try this. I know its a stupid question but is it advisable to do it in this freezing weather? Cheers again Lee

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Mines starting to mess about so I'll try this. I know its a stupid question but is it advisable to do it in this freezing weather? Cheers again Lee
The weather shouldnt really alter that much to be fair... although the engine to begin with is freezing cold, it will msot likely idle high as a result until its warmed up. Thats not a problem, its a design, its supposed to do that.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Also remember if you have your standard stero you need to make sure you have got your code cause it resets the stero disconecting your battery

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
That sounds like your auto choke on. Mine does it, sits at about 1200 revs until it warms up then drops to 800.
Lee - my '99 1.4 CDX does this, is it a problem that needs solving, or is it just something certain cars do?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's normal from what I'm aware.

Reactions: Sam

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
will this effect my central locking as the other day it stopped working when i disconected my battery but now it seems to be okay

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
will this effect my central locking as the other day it stopped working when i disconected my battery but now it seems to be okay
is it factory fitted central locking? or did you fit it yourself?

it shoudnt be affected either way, central locking obviously wont work when the batteries disconnected, but once connected again it will function perfectly fine, theres no memory or clever chips inside a central locking unit, its fairly basic.

and to the other guy, about the auto gearbox ecu, not having an auto i dont know for sure, but i would assume yes, if it has no other power source, the same rules apply, any memory or saved states in the chips of the ecu will be wiped due to loss of power

1 - 20 of 39 Posts