All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys.

I'm a new corsa driver and new to the forum and have never delved into the mod/upgrade side of thing with any car so getting my foot in upgrading the stereo system. Head unit and aftermarket speakers went in ok, everything worked for about 5 mins then the right speaker fuzzed and stopped working. 'FAILIURE' came on the HU display. I did some fiddling, got both speakers back on. Now the left one has done the same thing. Right one is working fine at the moment.

I'm using the fitted wiring but i'd like to rewire the speakers with the aftermarket wires. Could someone lift the lid on wiring these fronts? I cant quite work it out.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
if your using that wiring adaptor from halfords they are dodgey i fitted one at the weekend and had to use electical tape to keep the plugs firmly together.
what i'll be doing this weekend is breaking the block that plugs into the speaker carefully so you still have the spade connectors or whatever they are called and then they should just plug straight into your new speakers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they are crap. i've got one tie-wrapped together. i'll get em off tmoro and connect em straight to speakers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Lee
ok tonight i started on the speakers cause i was bored and found that the 2 terminals inside are both small so one will not fit onto the new sspeakers
so best permanent fix will be to cut and strip cable in the door enough to fit these which should fit onto the speakers lol i'll let you know tomorrow afternoon
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_216871_langId_-1_categoryId_165626
unless someone else can tell you any better ways

·
Registered
28 Posts
well you still need the fitting kit to enable the speakers to fit into the doors :)
i have now attatched the wires with the other connectors and they are much better with no dodgey playing.
lesson learnt i think and that is to wire them up correctly first time round :laugh:
must admit though that my fli f16 speakers although sounding good are not very loud in the doors im quite disappointed really and have them connected to a acoustic solutions head unit so though it would sound good :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
well you still need the fitting kit to enable the speakers to fit into the doors :)
i have now attatched the wires with the other connectors and they are much better with no dodgey playing.
lesson learnt i think and that is to wire them up correctly first time round :laugh:
must admit though that my fli f16 speakers although sounding good are not very loud in the doors im quite disappointed really and have them connected to a acoustic solutions head unit so though it would sound good :mad:
Don't expect anything impressive from a £60 HU and £30 speakers

·
Registered
314 Posts
what speaker connectors did you guys use then? as the ones in mine are crap as said held together in the door with electrical tape lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
might have to do that instead then, did this make any difference to the quality (obviously stopping the speaker konking out) also how do i go abouts using better quality speaker wiring then as how would i connect it through the multiplug bit at the door? as may as well use a better wire in the doors if ditching the connector

·
Registered
28 Posts
as i said just cut the connector off thats in the door and use the spades that i linked to from halfords or a similar shop and just crimp them on.
The origional wires should be fine if its a bog standard head unit i doubt you''l notice any improvement from changing the wires over.
I found that the adaptor rings needed to be screwed in nice and tight and the speakers tight onto these to stop any distortion when playing, also then fix the wire into place on the door making sure the window doesnt catch when its down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
are you retarded?
and that word isnt very pc anymore either :mad: no need to get personal
im not a troll but i still say that using the spade connectors and crimping is a good way to do it especially if the op hasnt got a soldering iron and as far as safety goes we are talking speaker wires its not like the op is putting in an amp or solder might be a better option.
As a senior member dragon2309 i would'nt expect you to be resorting to name calling but hey ho

·
Registered
314 Posts
ok guys back to topic, i will be soldering the new wire in and eliminating the connector block as its a sack of poo, hopefully this will give it a much better connection and therefore not deciding to crackle whenver it feels like !

cheers chaps will let you know how this goes and i will be soldering these new wires in as i will be using an amp..one day

1 - 20 of 39 Posts