All Corsa Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
thanks.

this is a comparison to what it WAS like...
its a bit dark so doesnt look as nice as in daytime.
if you need any help with how to do the parts iv sprayed, just ask

·
Registered
266 Posts
around the handle, it just pulled off.
same with the mirror control panel.
the door/speaker panel had a few screws to undo, and it just came off.
the centre console around the gearstick was a tad tricky.

if you look at the 'after' pic of the centre console you will see a small panel above the gearstick. this just pulls off and exposes a small screw.

ermm after the screw comes out, it is just a matter of pulling it off and maneouvering it around the gearstick and handbrake.
took a few mins but is definately possible!

you thinking of trying it?

·
Registered
691 Posts
looks good mate i have just started doing mine currently working on the center console and mfd think its called the clock. taking me a while though as i'm only getting an hour a night to do it and the wet and dry paper takes longer than i thought. hope to get the main section of the middle pannel done before i go to mexico next week :D i'm just going to stick at it. how many cans did it take to do all that? i was thinking about the part around the gear stick aswell :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
266 Posts
its really easy to do... i did it on a friday afternoon and took about two hours or so? most of that was drying times..

its cheap too.
honestly its not much hassle
plus you can still use the car while the parts are drying..

·
Registered
691 Posts
i'm using my car with the middel pannel off lol the knobs are still on them put them back on so i could change the heating etc. lol just i can't get time to do it all at one go busy college etc. at the moment so not getting much time :(

·
Registered
691 Posts
yeah will get done though and last night i ordered my new led lights for my spedo etc. and heating controlls. so there isn't any point putting the pannel back till there here do it all at once save me a job lol

·
Registered
691 Posts
doing mine i found out how easy it is to chip it. i have a couple of chips that happened just when i nocked it as i moved it. did a couple of more layers over that to cover it though and at the moment it doesn't seem to show much. and hopefuly when i have a couple of layers of lacquer on it that should protect it from happening again :(

·
Registered
266 Posts
i didnt sand it at all... i wasnt going for a smooth effect on the inside.

i guess you can sand, but do it between the coats of lacquer... otherwise you will remove paint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great tutorial! very helpful i intent to do mine this weekend, but i want to find a paint that is very close to the plastic colour that it was, but the owner before me decided that she would spray it with some silver spray paint and it has become all flaky and horrible :-( but i intent to counter that problem this weekend and make it all look new again :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
as long as you follow the right procedures it should look nice whatever colour you choose... the flakiness would probably been because she didnt use lacquer or prime it very well

·
Registered
60 Posts
I done this today.
Another part I painted was the small handle and the piece of plastic behind the vent which changes the direction the air blows (Left & Right).

It looks quality if the vents are kept black.

I did my pieces silver aswell.

Great Tutorial, It helped me alot :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Force :laugh: I know it doesn't sound like much help but thats how i did mine last time well the heating controls havn't put the vents back in duno why but just not got round to it yet

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.