All Corsa Forum banner

How to test the battery

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Sky 
#1 ·
Right my corsa B's batterys flat again. If I dont drive if it for one day and the weather is bad its as flat as a flute. I even started it yeterday too.

I don't know what the problem is but the easiest thing would be that the batterys nakerd.

Somethings draining it and the things that we thought could contribute are the additional alarm that was added or my new head unit. But its flat as a flute today and I didn't put the alarm on. Ive not put my HU on for days neither. But I haven't been turning the HU off, i just leave it on and then take the keys out and remove the face

please help

#2 ·
put your tongue between the two terminals and if it electricutes u then u know its not dead :)

on second thoughts go to your local car shop, they should have a tester and itll tell if your batteries just flat or if its totally ****ed, i nwich case itll need replacing.

#4 ·
your battery isnt keeping its voltage. so either your alternator is fooked or the battery is shagged. battery being the cheaper cause. you see at my work i can test the battery and alternator for you, and im sure alot of car places will, but im not sure?

anyone know if halfords or anywhere do this service?

#7 ·
Definately has the symptoms of the battery not holding it's charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.