All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i really want my windows tinted but im not prepared to pay the price which imo is stupid so i tryed my self and the results were better then expected.
Sorry for the lack of photos my phone has a rubbish camera but doing other window tommorow so will take some =]
Sorry if theres spelling mitakes its not my strong spot.

1.Gather tools and tint. You will need: window tint,a window cleaner(or water and washing up liquied) stanley blade,lint free cloth, card i.e debit card and selotape.

2.Measure the tint against the window then cut off so you have enough to cover the whole window.http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9025/1000863.jpg[/img

3.Making sure the clear film is facing you(this is done by putting to bits of tape on the end of the film then peeling away) stick the tint with tape to just above the window.
This can be seen on the above picture, theres 2 bits of tape in the bottem left hand corner.

4.Using a stanley blade cut the shape of the window.I did this by placing the blade just under the seal but dont push to hard.[img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9794/1000845.jpg(this is the excess film thats left)

5.Remove excess film.The tint should be a rough shape of the window.

6.Go inside the car and clean the window with a lint free cloth.Dry the window so its nice and clean then spray the window cleaner onto the window(put loads on).

7.Remove the clear film from the tint then place onto the window.Move the film around so the whole window in covered the using the debit car push the film into the seals and trim excess off.
(before triming)
(after triming)

8.Now that the tint is the same shape as the window gently cut the tint in half (can be either across or down) and peel one section away and place somewere flat so it doesnt crease up. With the other half start to smooth out with the card wraped in the cloth. Force all the air/water bubbles to the the open side of the tint(were the other tint would be)

9.Keep smoothing till no air/water bubbles are left. Spray more water on the clear side of the window and place the other half of the tint on. Line it up with the other tint so from the outside there is no line were you cut it. Smooth out the same way you did before pushing the air/water bubbles to the other tint(they air/water will leak out and not go under the other tint) Smooth all out and make sure no bubbles are left anywere. Give the window a quick wipe over then stand back and admire your work.
(nice and smooth)

I ended up rushing this job so i could get some pictures for the thread so i messed up with the bottem half =[.

Main pointers: Dont get streesed out as this will damage the tint(peronsal experiance),you can never use to much soloution,be careful not to cut the window with the blade.

Any problems add me on [email protected] or pm me

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great tutorial, I've done it myself a few times, use as much solution as you can I found was definately the best advice. Surprising when it turns out alright isn't it!
The first time i tried it was on a pug 106. It ended up with me kicking the wheels and smashing a hub cap i was so annoyed but then i tohught bout cutting the tint in half and to my suprise it worked =]

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
could you get some pics if possible and is there any specific places to buy the film from or just anywhere? other than pics the tutorial is great, might have to try it soon.
My film came from halfords, you can buy precut kits from ebay though, not sure of quality but might be easier...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
i have tinted my fronted windows with film with windows in wasnt a bad job until some on1 messed with it then when windows gets wound down it starts to peel off :mad: so then i tried with taking window out did a absolute perfect job on the window tinted it amazing went to put window back in wouldnt go on the sliders :mad::mad::mad: fecked the tint so i tried the tint spray it does a really good job but for some reason on drivers side when i would window down in put loads of lines up it maybe grit or something got stuck but its nacked it passenger window is fine and has been wound up and down loads moral to story i should of payed 40 quid for both front ones doing professionally but i guess its all a learning curve.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i have tinted my fronted windows with film with windows in wasnt a bad job until some on1 messed with it then when windows gets wound down it starts to peel off :mad: so then i tried with taking window out did a absolute perfect job on the window tinted it amazing went to put window back in wouldnt go on the sliders :mad::mad::mad: fecked the tint so i tried the tint spray it does a really good job but for some reason on drivers side when i would window down in put loads of lines up it maybe grit or something got stuck but its nacked it passenger window is fine and has been wound up and down loads moral to story i should of payed 40 quid for both front ones doing professionally but i guess its all a learning curve.
isn't it illegal to tint front windows?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Allegedly, clear nail polish along the edges is meant to stop it from peeling, be careful not to let it run or its going to ruin your tints, if you use the film stuff.
when i had the windows out i had the idea of putting a small line of super glue all the way around to seal it but didnt have any to hand and didnt want to drive car with no window in lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.