All Corsa Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
You can tint them slightly. 70% of light has to pass through I believe.
yeah has to let 70% through but the common mis-conception is that you can put 30% of tint on front windows but you cant because nearlly all front windows are tinted 5% so if you get them tinted 30% you actually have illegal windows and no one realises that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
anybody know if its possible to use any of that rear light tint spray or equal on your rear windows maybe that would work ? i suspect the front ones would be easier to tint with film cause you can actually take the window out quite easily i should imagine ? im not too sure

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
anybody know if its possible to use any of that rear light tint spray or equal on your rear windows maybe that would work ? i suspect the front ones would be easier to tint with film cause you can actually take the window out quite easily i should imagine ? im not too sure
You can buy a can of tint spray from motosave for £6.29 a can, it is light smoke but the more you put on the darker it goes, you spray in horizontal lines across windows moving downwards after each line and all the drips disapear good stuff but i strongly advise having windows open at all times after spraying it on i got high as foook driving down motorway when i did mine i did front windows and couldnt open them for 36 hours as thats roughly howlong it takes to fully set, it's good stuff comes off fairly easy when wet though :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Dont do this yourself =p its so much harder to do then it looks.
its really not if you have the right stuff easy access and patience, fair enough i have no patience but i can do it properly lol it can take the piss if you just try and do it quick to get it over and done with.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Every single person I've met whose done this themselves, it's been shit.

They're also usually the ones that say its come out great

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
its really not if you have the right stuff easy access and patience, fair enough i have no patience but i can do it properly lol it can take the piss if you just try and do it quick to get it over and done with.
Me and my girlfriend tried for 2 hours and it didnt come out right. I just ripped it off there is no way in hell im driving round with something half done

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Lots of water with fairliquid placed part of the film on the window and slowly got rid of the bubbles whilst slowly removing the plastic film and pressing the tint down onto the window. Its a complete nightmare to get on right the first time and get rid of the airbubbles without it creesing anywhere

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Like I said I would pay to get them done. This way is a complete pain in the arse and i dont see you ever getting it 100% right. I think i will pay £100 to get them done at PVS or something next year

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Lots of water with fairliquid placed part of the film on the window and slowly got rid of the bubbles whilst slowly removing the plastic film and pressing the tint down onto the window. Its a complete nightmare to get on right the first time and get rid of the airbubbles without it creesing anywhere
best way is to cut it to size a few mm biiger all round, then peel off the film then and just keep spraying the window with the water/fairly lquid mixture the more the better put on as much as you can then once you put the film on the window it just slides around easy so you can slide it in to place, then use a bank card/driving license what ever to squeege the bubbles out (this also takes most of the water out aswell so it dries quicker and stays in place) that is the way to do it only a brief explanation better to take windows out if possible and with the boot its easier to cut the film to size then cut it into 3 lengths so its easier to manouvere(sp?) then work your way down from the top the amount of mixture you use makes it easier/harder to do hope this helps.

and vegas it is hard at first but when you know all the little techniques its piss.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.